PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Old style daily Wednesday 12 th March

Options
Old Style Daily Thread Saturday 8th March
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Comments

• sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all

A quick one from me as I'm off to work soon

I can hear the birds singing even though it's still dark :D

Scrambled egg for breakfast. And a sandwich for lunch

(((Hugs))) to all that need

Have a good day everyone xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning everyone a bit of a grey start, but at least its dry.I have a really busy day today,school run first preceeded by walking DDs mutt first beforehand. Then I have to whizz down to Bapchild to order my new car as it takes at least 10-12 weeks before I can get it.Then back to home again for a very quick cuppa before going to see the diet nurse for weigh-in.I see the consultant next week and fingers crossed I will get my op. next month.Home for a quick lunch, via DDs house to make sure the little dog has enough water and a quick trip for her to the garden outside, then off to U3A for monthly meeting.Our speaker to day is going to chat about his years as the Captain of a Hovercraft.I must remember to take my chequebook as its annual fees day today.Then to DGS Mikey's school for 3.30 to pick him up and back to his house to make after school snacks for the four boys before their Mum arrives home at 6.30-7.00, I shall also peel some spuds for her and put their roast chicken dinner on about 5.00, and then I can come home and put my feet up ...and breathe :):):)So today will vanish in a flash :):):)
    Life seems to be getting busier instead of quieter for me just lately
    we came forth in the quiz last night,but had a great deal of fun at the same time :):)
    Well enough chit-chat its time I got a wriggle on and had my shower and some porridge before setting out.
    Have a good day everyone what ever you are doing
    Cheers chums
    JackieO xxx
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning sistercas, JackieO and all that follow :)

Exhausting day yesterday, training is harder than working! Learned a lot so very happy but I absolutely hate being away from DH.

Getting ready for free hotel breakfast which was delicious yesterday. Lunch was good too, the staff canteen is much more of a restaurant, and we are given £7.50 vouchers to spend each day.

This is a beautiful part of England, I would love to be staying here for leisure.

Better get a move on.

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for those that need or just want them. Keep well and safe and have a super day :)
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All
    Didn't get time to post yesterday, builders were here, had washing to put out as it was such a lovely day, painted the dressing table (again), did the packed lunches and then went to the tip on my way to work. A little quieter this morning, just need to put the washing out.
    This dressing table is turning into something of a nightmare, the paint just doesn't cover the white undercoat, it's only duck egg blue so shouldn't be that bad. It's had 5 coats now and still doesn't look right. Still, I will plough on!
    Rubbed down the skirting boards in the room that will be DS2s - he is now out of hospital and on his travels again, hope he takes it easy.
    Managed to hem some work trousers and sew a button back on last night and then fixed DDs jacket hood, clothes are so poorly made now.
    Hugs to those in need, hope you are all well.
    Not sure what's for tea, will have a think! Take care. XX
  • lonewhitewolf
    Options
    Good Morning all.
    Painful day yesterday as torn muscle in thigh was a nightmare. Not too bad today but i am still going to take it steady. If its no better by tomorrow i am seeing my doc.
    Still got contractors in school but it was nice this morning to walk around having my path lit up by the new lights. Window fitters are a nightmare as they leave so much mess for me to clean up each night (will be having strong words with them today).
    Dinner tonight will be pot luck as i have forgotten to take anything out of the freezer.
    Going to try and clean the house today on my break if my thigh lets me (if not it can stay a mess for another day lol)
    Only ones really suffering are my dogs as there is no way i can walk them as i am at the moment (might see if i can convience DD to take them out later for me)
    Must remeber to make sure dh gets my massage couch out of the garage tonight for me as i have a client booked for fri and i want to give it a wash down first.
    Anyhoo Hugs to all in need
    Bright Blessings xx
    Bright Blessings xx
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them.

Now light, sun shining in a cloudless blue sky, but have had a frost so a bit chilly, but it’ll warm up soon. It was much warmer without the chilly wind yesterday. Washing on the line.

DH up and gone to work stupid early.

Dinner last night was sausages, mash, cabbage, carrots and gravy. Remembered to get the tubs of casserole out to defrost last night, so tonight we’re having casserole, mash and veg, I will make some dumplings to go with it as I’m not sure exactly how much meat there is – I’m actually quite happy to have just some gravy, over my veg!

Slept so much better last night, think it was a combination of being so exhausted as had another manic day at work yesterday, and also managing to sort of some of the things on my mind which I now feel much more settled with, feel generally more settled and calm – so hoping that this will continue so I can get a better sleeping pattern back.

Only working until lunchtime today then on days off, have all the normal chores to do when I get back so will crack on with those.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Today is a red letter day. I have and early rhododendron in a pot that I have had for over 20 years. Every year it buds and starts to develop and then, just as the flowers are about to open we have a hard frost and the flowers are killed off. Today the flowers are in full bloom, I can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times this has happened. It makes me happy, but the downside is that we are going away tonight till Sunday so today is the only day I can appreciate it!

DH is under the cosh at work - he has a new manager who he says is probably the worst he's had, which considering he's worked for the company nearly 30 years and had umpteen changes of boss is saying something. Is it me or does anyone else think that conditions at work are regressing, with management wanting more and more work and longer hours out of their employees? This is happening to everyone in my family.

Anyhow, plans today - I already have dough for 2 loaves rising, I usually use Dan Lepards kneading technique (virtually no kneading, minimal effort) but today I put it in the kitchenaid so we'll see how that turns out. I am also making a raspberry almond cake, DH's fave and continuing my quest for the best chocolate cake recipe. I made choc peanut butter cookies yesterday, I love peanut butter.

I also need to pack and have a quick whizz round the house so I must go.

Have a good day.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

bahh ive got lots to moan about today but I'll stick to the positives.

I mentioned yesterday that I had a visitor at 11, well I was contacted a few weeks ago about taking part in a health survey. I would be paid an amount for taking part. My health was discussed, height, weight etc, am I deaf, blind, the usual stuff. However, i have discovered, ive put on all the weight ive lost since coming off the anti depressants. I'm ok when hubby is working away but i get so stressed having him back at home and I'm not in the frame of mind i should be to keep my diet in check so ive made an appointment at my GP's surgery. I could kick myself for being so weak.

My eldest son came to see us last night bringing his two youngest children. It was so good to see them. Hubby recons they have been fed too many E numbers. I think he forgets how lively 7 and 8 year old boys can be... Well no, that's not strictly true. He never really had to deal with ours, I did.

Usual jobs today but my get up and go, got up and went. Beds stripped and being laundered as I type. Pork for tea I think.

Have a great day all,
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all,

JackieO - New Car, how lovely :)

Well my day didn't start too well. DH couldn't get the van started (no surprise there with it being cold and damp) so he thought it would be a good idea for me to tow him so he could bump it. I think the sight of an 800cc Matiz pulling a LWB Movano must have amused some people. Anyway it didn't bump, so I went to work with a loud clonking to the rear of my car and he called out RAC. At least now he knows he has a leaky injector and a can of easystart!

So on a lighter note the sun looks like its trying to get out. It probably knows my washing is in the TD!

Off to the Priory this afternoon as tomorrow is the anniversary of my mum's passing and I feel the need to visit :(

Pizza for tea tonight with lovely wedges.

Have a good day.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Off to the Priory this afternoon as tomorrow is the anniversary of my mum's passing and I feel the need to visit :(

((((hugs)))
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family