PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Thread Thursday 6th March

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
:staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
"Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
Proud to have dealt with our debt :)

Comments

• Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

I am tired this morning because I went to bed too late last night, so it's totally self inflicted and I need an early night tonight to catch up.

Am away on business all next week so not sure if I will be able to get internet access but if I can, will still be catching up here and making my payments every day. Need to do a lot at work and home in preparation for the trip so have to get a move on with that.

Southern Indian pepper chicken and from the same recipe book, mustard braised cabbage for dinner. DH is still on cold omelettes for lunch but I am fed up with them, so am having some cold meats and cream cheese.

There has been some fantastic news recently about DD's getting great jobs and brilliant university places, well done those wonderful girls :T

NPM - keep up that fight for Noah! LEA is a disgrace but then look at the way education is being led from government level :mad:

Need to get a move on but will try and catch up with everyone's news later.

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for those that need or just want them. Keep well, warm and safe and have a super day :)
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 March 2014 at 6:13AM
    Options
    Good Morning chums bright and clear morning this morning.after the school run I have to try to get an emergency appointment for DGS Henry as he is complaining of toothache(well he says it hurts when he has anything hot or cold ) so fingers crossed I can get him in today .
    I made DGS Jack a nice Victoria sponge cake yesterday and he adores it.The boys all wanted pancakes after school again for a snack so I knocked up a jug of batter for them.They are such hungry lads when they come in from school and normally because both Mum and Dad have to work they don't get to have dinner until 7ish.So the gap between 3.30 and seven has to get filled with a snack:):)normally some toast or a sandwich.They are all growing lads and eat very well,virtually anything thats put in front of them.I told them that I may be having my op. next month so I'd be out of action for a few days and they were great and said we'll cook for you Granny !!!!Watch this space :):) although Jack (14) and Ben (18) are pretty good and can cook cheese toasties and simple things.They can all make tea or coffee though which is good :):):)
    Right time to get a wriggle on and have a shower and some breakfast
    have a good day everyone what ever you are doing
    Cheers JackieO xxx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Cold and frosty here but looks like it will be a nice day again yesterday was beautiful very spring like !

Off to work today and tonight dd and I are going out tonight to a works thing where we will eat, so OH will look after himself (which I suspect will mean curry !)

So no cooking for me today (apart from at work) shopping is being delivered tonight too.

Sistercas :T well done to your dd what a brilliant achievement well done xx

Right better get on, have good days all xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning Everyone
    NPM - Keep fighting, you know what's right for your boy.
    Well done to new jobs and uni places.
    Hugs to anyone feeling under the weather.

Had a good nights sleep for a change, mind you I was so tired from the school trip I could have gone to bed at 4pm! The children were all very good and had a great day, didn't even moan when they had to walk back from the train in the pouring rain.

Managed to give the shelves a coat of undercoat, will put the proper stuff on tonight and tomorrow so hopefully by the weekend I will be able to put all the files, etc in to keep them out of the way.

Builder should be here again, he looked at the roof yesterday and it looks like I need a new one. Could do without it but I think it's a false economy trying to get it patched up. I do trust this chap so hoping he will do a good job. No point in doing the inside of the house if it is just going to get wet.

Salmon and stir fry veg last night, chicken salad for lunch and DD can have pasta for tea, not sure what I want yet, will see how I feel when I get home from the hospice.

Hope you all have a good day, it's pouring down here! Take care. XX
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them.

Now light, cloudy and a bit of a breeze, no frost though. Looks like it will be cloudy and overcast all day. Will put a load of washing on the line.
    DH up and getting ready for work.

Dinner last night was lamb casserole, as the meat had defrosted properly by the time I got home from work, we had mash, carrots and peas with it. I remembered to get the pork loins out of the freezer so tonight we’ll be having those, cauli/broc cheese, potato bake veg and gravy.

Got my usual chores done yesterday after work. Report all done too. Have discovered yet another problem with the pc, so will be unplugging and taking it down to the computer shop again this morning. DS1 has a problem with his motorbike, so I’m taking him to college then I will go and have a look in new SM then call in an computer shop on the way back as by then they’ll be open. Hoping they can sort it whilst I’m there. Big car has a warning light that has come on, and MOT is due and DH has spoken to the garage and it’s a MOT failure with the light on, and it could be expensive to fix but the car’s no good without a MOT so hoping it’s not going to be as bad as I’m imagining!

Will do all the normal chores today, washing, drying and ironing, housework, menu planning, writing shopping list etc.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all

Windy here today , could be a good washing day if it doesn't rain , I might strip dd2s bed , everything else is pretty much up to date

Thank you for the congrats for dd2, she still hasn't come down to earth yet bless her , she just has the issue of passing her A levels now :cool:

DH has bought himself a guitar with his birthday money, he doesn't have a musical bone in his body , so if you hear what sounds like a strangled cat .........:rotfl:

JO pancakes are a favorite here too, happily consumed at any time :D

NPM keep fighting hon , I know it's hard but it will be worth it xx

Off to have breakfast , Greek yoghurt and berries I think, have a good day everyone xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

NPM I wish you well with your fight with the LEA. I fought tooth and nail to get my middle son a statement of education and I still lost. They promised me this, they promised me that but I didn't get my statement even when I appealed and appealed again. At the age of 4 my son had a series of 3 epileptic fits. He was put on medication straight away. The medication doped him up so much he fell behind. Up until the medication he was fine. However, he did get extra help even if I didn't get him 'Statemented'.

Its raining again and so very cold. I was going to bath the 'Girls' today as Lucy dog particularly stinks. I'm either going to have to put the gas fire on to dry them off or put it off till its a bit warmer.

Usual household chores today with bathing the dogs if it warms up enough. Tea tonight, hubby is having pork, I am having lamb and I'm not sure about 'Youngest'.

Have a good day all,
  • mrsmortenharket
    Options
    Morning all.
    Got the kids to school, came home & had a shower. Just finishing my coffee before getting on with my day.

I've got parents evening tonight for dd. So am cooking off some chicken so they can have a quick tea. Cold chicken, bread & salad.

Right, not much else to report today

Love, hugs & spoons xxx
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Spoke to soon about putting washing on the line, by the time WM had finished and I could get the washing put on the line, it had started raining! Been to the computer shop they have sorted the problem out. They've disabled that part and it won't effect anything else, so I'm happy with that. It did have them baffled for a while though, but they got there in the end.

Now need to get on and get out of this CBA mood that seems to have descended again. I have chores to do, so just need to get on and get them done.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,589 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

NPM, don't give up - have you spoken to a member of the Council, if you can get one interested they can have quite a bit of influence behind the scenes (although they always deny it).

DS is still struggling at work, The pressures put on Them are ridiculous. He does seem to be coping better than last year though - the stupid thing is that they acknowledged that they caused his problems last year and gave him 4 weeks paid leave to recover and nothing changes.

DD on the other hand works very hard but also gets some very nice assignments, so far this year she has been to Mexico (Tequila and mescal production) and is lined up to go to Venezuela (rum distilleries), Southwest France (vineyards), Italy (prosecco), Champagne (guess what) and Islay (whisky). Her bF is very jealous.

In contrast my day is again to be filled with housework and meal making, but I'm very glad to be out of the workplace.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure