🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Call Prevention Service calling asking for bank details

Options
2»

Comments

• Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Looks like upon release from jail, the perp has j ust continued the same scam as before.
  • sobersaver
    Options
    Horrible feeling about this. Thought it was too good to be true.

This from an email from them - yes we have got in touch to my regret:
    We check that your number is already registered with the TPS, if it is, then we can offer more effective solutions.
    One of our advisors will contact you with recommendations and tell you how you can get a FREE call blocking device! You will be receiving a telephone call to confirm the service so please keep a look out for one of the following numbers. Cardiff office 02921 283153 or Manchester office 0161 8186047. We always like to let our customers know the numbers we may be calling from, as we understand that you may not answer the telephone through fear of it being a nuisance caller.

I wish I'd seen those press articles first. We won't however, be doing business with them, just to be safe.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    sobersaver wrote: »
    Horrible feeling about this.
    I had the same horrible feeling when I saw this thread originated in 2014 and has been "bumped" at regular intervals since that time...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport