Halifax sent me a letter about PPI

Options
Hi all
The Halifax have sent me a letter & a PPI claim form, I had a loan with them that I finished paying last month. They informed me I had got PPI on the loan, I didn't realise I had it, I was never asked if I wanted PPI at the loan application stage, I had never had it explained or even had any paperwork on it.
Anyway I have filled the claim form out and posted back at the beginning of February 2014. They sent me and acknowledgment letter saying that they had received my claim and I haven't heard anything since.
Is it normal for the bank to send me a claim form ? and how long before I receive any money back ?
My loan was for £7500 over 7 years, what figure would I would be looking at if it was found to be misold to me ?

Thanks
Kerry

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You won't know the outcome for about 8 weeks, so don't hold your breath.
    And you will only receive your money back if your complaint is upheld.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • lollipopsarah
    Options
    Well I got the same letter from tesco about my old credit cards ppi (we moved 3 years ago so have no idea how they got the right address)
    With nothing to lose I filled it in honestly (i.e. can't remember/don't know to some questions) and got 2 replies within a week or so and then about a few weeks later got an offer which I accepted and sent back, and within another week got a check - woohoo.
    very nice.
    xx
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it normal for the bank to send me a claim form ?

CCLs are very common now.
    and how long before I receive any money back ?

If your complaint is successful, you will be told how much. if your complaint is rejected then you get nothing and you will be told as much. the process can take a couple of months to 2 years.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure