Help needed regarding 2h20m call that I didn't make (T-mobile)

Options
afm_2
afm_2 Posts: 698 Forumite
edited 28 February 2014 at 1:43PM in Phones & TV
Hi!
I really need some advice with the following:

Yesterday, I called my mother twice (she lives abroad). First call was about 1 minute and the second for about 3 or 4 minutes. Today I checked my T-mobile account to find the following:

18:32:35 International & Premium Calls 00:06:59 £4.16
16:23:12 International & Premium Calls 02:09:23 £48.82
16:16:25 International & Premium Calls 00:00:42 £0.00

I was shocked!!! I thought "There must be a mistake" and called t-mobile. The lady on the other end was very unhelpful just saying that possibly I didn't noticed that I had spoken for that long. Really?!?

I hung up and checked the bill again.
First, I didn't make any calls at 18:32. I was at home cooking, after speaking with my parents on Skype. It is absolutely impossible that I made that call.

Second, adding the duration of the second call to the time that it started, it gives me an end time of 18:32:35.
18:32:35 is exactly the time at which the third call started. Obviously, it's impossible for me to turn off a call and start another one in the same second.

And to add to this, there's no chance that my mobile phone's battery would last for that long.

Thus, I don't know what to do. I don't feel I should pay this and I feel that T-Mobile should do more.

I called T-Mobile a second time and said that I wanted to complain. The gentleman on the other side said he would request a recalculation but that I needed to pay this bill first and then call back, at which time they would look into this and do a recalculation. I am with the feeling that they just want me to pay the bill and then they will tell me bog off.

Any ideas on what to do?
Thank you!
Goal: Win a car (or cash to buy one :))! -- Haha goal from when I was a student. Never actually won this but got a good job instead.

What I achieved:
Car paid in full straightaway.
Two properties fully paid. Wohhoooo!

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What does the call logger on your handset say?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • afm_2
    Options
    It says that there was a call at 16:23 but there is no call at 18:32.
    Goal: Win a car (or cash to buy one :))! -- Haha goal from when I was a student. Never actually won this but got a good job instead.

What I achieved:
  • Stiggy
    Stiggy Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    afm wrote: »
    It says that there was a call at 16:23 but there is no call at 18:32.
    How long was the call at 16:23:12? That's the main question!

It's so easy to call by mistake if your phone keypad isn't locked.
  • afm_2
    Options
    Just checked and it's 136minutes :( that's not possible. I am absolutely certain that I turned the call off! I only spoke for 2 minutes.

How can there be a call at 18.30 if I didn't make it? Any ideas?

Thank you.

What I achieved:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills