CPP: Claim form include pre-2005 if had after 2005

I have searched on this forum and on the main website, and CPP site to find out the following without luck.

If I had a policy from 1999 - 2008, will filling in the claim form mean I will get compensation from 1999-2008 or just 2005-2008 (and I have to go to the bank to get the 1999-2004 compensation).

Many Thanks, hesitant to send the claim form back before I know this.

Comments

• Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    savingup80 wrote: »
    I have searched on this forum and on the main website, and CPP site to find out the following without luck.

If I had a policy from 1999 - 2008, will filling in the claim form mean I will get compensation from 1999-2008 or just 2005-2008 (and I have to go to the bank to get the 1999-2004 compensation).

Many Thanks, hesitant to send the claim form back before I know this.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/CPP-card-protection :)
  • Yes, I have read the information on the link you posted before posting here.

"The redress scheme is only for people mis-sold card and identity protection products in 2005 and later. If you were mis-sold before 2005 (when insurance wasn't regulated), you won't have recieved a letter"

I was mis-sold via the "welcome pack" I recieved after purchasing the product in 1999 (before 2005) and have still received a claim form. My policy was automatically renewed from 2000-2008. It is not clear whether those who had active policies in or after 2005, but were initially mis-sold pre-2005, will receive compensation from the date of purchase or only the years following 2005.

If insurance companies were not regulated prior to 2005 and I was mis-sold at the point of purchase in 1999, why do I still have a claim form?
  • maggy50
    maggy50 Posts: 783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Yes, I have read the information on the link you posted before posting here.

"The redress scheme is only for people mis-sold card and identity protection products in 2005 and later. If you were mis-sold before 2005 (when insurance wasn't regulated), you won't have recieved a letter"

I was mis-sold via the "welcome pack" I recieved after purchasing the product in 1999 (before 2005) and have still received a claim form. My policy was automatically renewed from 2000-2008. It is not clear whether those who had active policies in or after 2005, but were initially mis-sold pre-2005, will receive compensation from the date of purchase or only the years following 2005.

If insurance companies were not regulated prior to 2005 and I was mis-sold at the point of purchase in 1999, why do I still have a claim form?
    I have one also 1999 and I had to enquire as to who sold it to me .
    Still not clear if pre regulation will be dealt with but I am just going to wait and see what Cpp compensation comes up with within the 8 weeks as advised.
    Light travels faster than sound.

This is why some people seem as bright until you hear them.
  • Aquamania
    ...If insurance companies were not regulated prior to 2005 and I was mis-sold at the point of purchase in 1999, why do I still have a claim form?

Because if you held it until 2008, then it sounds as if it has been renewed after 2005 :)
  • philby33
    philby33 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 28 February 2014 at 4:27PM
    had ccp since 1998 payments taken every 3 years. by Natwest credit card paid Dec 2013 for 3 years till Dec 2016 told i have to cancel policy if i make claim how do i obtain refund

have found paperwork which states £1000.000 fraud use after notifying + £5000.00 prior to notifying - benefit lost stolen cards etc

do you think i have a case??

info please
    PHIL.
  • Aquamania
    philby33 wrote: »
    had ccp since 1998 payments taken every 3 years. by Natwest credit card paid Dec 2013 for 3 years till Dec 2016 told i have to cancel policy if i make claim how do i obtain refund

have found paperwork which states £1000.000 fraud use after notifying + £5000.00 prior to notifying - benefit lost stolen cards etc

do you think i have a case??

info please
    PHIL.
    See post#2 :)
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    i'm not 100% on this either. But I figure if they are writing to me to say you can claim I might as well fill it in and send it off. Nothing to lose by trying
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • Aquamania wrote: »
    Because if you held it until 2008, then it sounds as if it has been renewed after 2005 :)

Thanks for your response :) - perhaps it should read mis-sold or renewed in 2005 or later. I was mis-sold many years before 2005 and autorenewal continued by direct debit without any contact between myself and the company. As I have a claim form, you are right, renewal is interpreted as "annual selling". Perhaps it should read:

"The redress scheme is only for people mis-sold, or who renewed, card and identity protection products in 2005 and later. If you were mis-sold before 2005 (when insurance wasn't regulated), you won't have recieved a letter"
  • jillie1974 wrote: »
    i'm not 100% on this either. But I figure if they are writing to me to say you can claim I might as well fill it in and send it off. Nothing to lose by trying

I am going to send a claim to my bank for pre 2005 years, not stipulating a specific period though and see what they pay. I imagine if they do pay out they will say, we will only give you up to 2005 as 2005 and on will be covered under the scheme.

I am not going to send off the CPP til I hear back from the bank, as long as it doesnt take too long, because I too am concerned about the clause in the claim form that says you give up your rights to make any further claims.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure