DRO help please

Options
Hi,

So I am pretty certain I am going to apply for a DRO. My debts are currently

£5765 loan (took out when I was 17, not made a payment since 2009)
£4717 HPI car finance
£340 Next catalouge
£779 HSBC credit card.

My question is, the what will happen with the HPI'd car (I don't want it, can't afford it :() Will they just come and reposses it? How long does this normally take?

Also, I made a purchase on my credit card for £2.50 on 30th January. I didn't even realise my paypal was linked to my CC, but anyway.. Will I have to wait for 3 months to apply because of this charge to my CC?

My Next account isn't actually in my name, I used a 'known as' surname- could I still add this to the DRO?

Thank you!

Comments

• steph_x
    Options
    Also can someone look over my Income/expenditure to see if everything looks ok? I live alone with 1 child

Rent 200
    Council tax 85.3
    Electric 140
    Water 30
    Sky 54
    Food 200
    Mobile phone 40
    House ins 15
    Tv license 12
    Train 160
    Nursery 762
    School meals 35
    Meals at work 36
    Hair 15
    Pet 23
    Clothing 39
    Sundries 23
    Emergencies 15

Outgoings 1884.3

Wages 813
    Tax credits 1026
    Child benefit 87

Income 1926

Surplus 41.7
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    steph_x wrote: »
    Also can someone look over my Income/expenditure to see if everything looks ok? I live alone with 1 child

Rent 200
    Council tax 85.3 - does that include single person discount
    Electric 140
    Water 30
    Sky 54 - I doubt that you would be allowed Sky as it is seen as a luxury
    Food 200
    Mobile phone 40
    House ins 15
    Tv license 12
    Train 160
    Nursery 762
    School meals 35
    Meals at work 36
    Hair 15
    Pet 23
    Clothing 39 - looks low for 2 of you (on dmp you can have an allowance of £59
    Sundries 23
    Emergencies 15

Outgoings 1884.3

Wages 813
    Tax credits 1026
    Child benefit 87

Income 1926

Surplus 41.7

ve put a quick couple of comments x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • steph_x
    Options
    mum2one wrote: »
    ve put a quick couple of comments x

Thank you, yes- council tax includes the 25% off. Sky is actually landline, internet and basic tv package (I don't have a tv ariel so this was a cheaper was to get an ariel really!) It was a 12 month contract so they won't budge on it :(

good to know about the clothing amount!
  • Alloneword
    Options
    When i went for mine about 17 months ago i was told your were allowed some funds towards Sky I think it was just basic pack, out of intrest if you only use sky for basic stuff when you 12 months are up get rid and look at getting something based on the "Freesat" platform either receiver or PVR which is just like sky+, you get a fair few channels and there is no monthly fee I got rid of Sky about 3 years ago and NEVER missed them.

All1
  • steph_x
    steph_x Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Oh yes, i'm def planning on cancelling it once the contract is up! The internet and phone package was the cheapest I could get hence biting the bullet for a year to get a cheapish ariel fitted
  • longtermplanner
    Options
    if you are losing the car, have you though about additional travel expenses?
    My question is, the what will happen with the HPI'd car (I don't want it, can't afford it ) Will they just come and reposses it? How long does this normally take?

yes they will come and repossess it. I would try to speed this up for clarity and simplicity. No need to wait until your DRO is approved, tell the HP lender immediately that you won't be making any more payments and ask whether they would like you to send the keys back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure