power flush, chemical flush or something else...?

Options
2»

Comments

• oochiepoochie
    Options
    Lorian wrote: »
    I presume you have bled any air out of the radiator?

Yep, I've bled all the rads in the house-water comes out straight away, no air.
  • Ruski
    Ruski Posts: 1,628 Forumite
    Options
    Did the pin move up and down loosely or does it feel 'sprung' ?? If your ex hit it with a hammer, it may have closed permanently... :(

Russ
    Perfection takes time: don't expect miracles in a day :D
  • oochiepoochie
    Options
    Ruski wrote: »
    Did the pin move up and down loosely or does it feel 'sprung' ?? If your ex hit it with a hammer, it may have closed permanently... :(

Russ

Hi- it felt springy, is that a bad thing? Stupid ex, never liked parting with cash so nothing ever got done properly :-(
  • Mr_Ted
    Mr_Ted Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Options
    Well, the little pin on the trv was moving freely in and out so looks like that wasn't the problem..

;) The pin moving doesnt necessarily mean the valve does move up and down on its seating, it could still be stuck closed ;)
    Signature removed
  • oochiepoochie
    Options
    Oh dear, the plot thickens eh? I think I'll get that plumber out to have a look and keep my fingers crossed!
    Cheers
  • plumbertom
    plumbertom Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Power flush should be done by a central heating professional, someone who works on gas boilers and central heating systems all the time, therefore "Gas Safe registered", it will be much better than one who just accomplished 3 hours powerflush course. My machine has a flow rate of more than double that of most power flushing pumps on the market, enabling it to remove more debris from a system and in less time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure