ESA Appeal?

Hello,

Was advised to seek ESA over a year ago by the Work Programme due to a back complaint. After months of physiotherapy I felt okay enough to come off ESA not that long ago. In the meantime I picked up employment. Now the Tribunal hearing is imminent and they are asking me if I wish to withdraw my appeal. What will happen if I do please? I am not looking forward to standing in court in the near future if I can possibly be spared that experience?

Thanks

:-|

Comments

• As you are now in employment you don't need or qualify for ESA Just withdraw the appeal. Nothing will happen it will not take place
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,919 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hello,

Was advised to seek ESA over a year ago by the Work Programme due to a back complaint. After months of physiotherapy I felt okay enough to come off ESA not that long ago. In the meantime I picked up employment. Now the Tribunal hearing is imminent and they are asking me if I wish to withdraw my appeal. What will happen if I do please? I am not looking forward to standing in court in the near future if I can possibly be spared that experience?

Thanks

:-|

A tribunal is not a court, but you can withdraw your appeal at any time.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • HB58
    HB58 Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    At the tribunal hearing you will need to show that you were actually entitled to ESA at the time the decision was made. How you are now should not count but you will need strong evidence to show that you were that bad but have improved since.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure