Ladies Motorbike Leathers

in Motoring
4 replies 582 views
KidoKido Forumite
473 Posts
Can anyone recommend anywhere where I can get some leather bike jeans. Unfortunately I'm a ladies size 18-20 so the shops I've tried don't have anything to fit. So far I've tried Bike Gear at Ashton, The Rocket Centre at Blackburn and ESB in Bolton. I live in the Bolton area but don't mind a bit of a journey if I can get something that will fit. I've looked on the internet but am wary of buying clothes as I don't know how they'll fit and bike leathers being heavy will cost a bit to return if they don't fit. I'm sure I can't be the only larger size female biker out there.

Replies

• MarkytMarkyt Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    give On Ya Byke in Manchester a ring. If they don't have anything in, they'll be able to tell you which manufacturers do good ladies kit. 0161 833 0882
  • livinginhopelivinginhope Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I had this problem,before I lost the weight ,i was a size 18/20 and couldn't get anything to fit properly,in desperation I tried men's leather trousers and they fitted perfectly,I didn't like the men's jackets though,so asked the shop if they could order a ladies size 20,they managed to get me a ladies 20 from Buffalo,not my first choice,but actually looked quite good :)
    If you had posted a couple of weeks ago,i could have sold you my gear,we sold the bike last week and all clothing went with it! sorry!
    LIH
    Debt at highest £102k :eek:
    Lightbulb moment march 2006
    Debt free october2017 :j
    Finally sleeping easy in my bed :A
  • BokkensBokkens Forumite
    505 Posts
    Save your money and go to the NEC bike show my girlfriend picked up a couple of pairs of leather jeans and a racing one piece late in the afternoon I think it was on day three of the show for less than £50 for the jeans and £99 for the one piece, black and yellow 6mm triple stiches seams kevlar strech panels and kevlar body armour already inserted mesh lining removable for washing.They have some real bargins.
    Previously known as Bokken,registered at MSE in Nov 04,computer glich deleted my access but it is fun building up my stars from scratch,again.:D
  • KidoKido Forumite
    473 Posts
    Hi Livinginhope,

Can you tell me what make of mens trousers you tried. So far all the ones I've tried haven't fit properly. Maybe if I had a brand to look out for it might make things easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides