🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Stuffing a fabric wreath-help!

Options
Hi, I'm making a felt wreath from a kit but the kit doesn't include stuffing. I brought some to stuff the little decorations that goes on it and a little stuffing seems to go a long way but at the same time it will take a huge amount to stuff the wreath. I'm throwing away an old nighty soon and wondered about cutting it into strips and trying to take up some of the space so less stuffing is needed. Would this work or is there a better way?
Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk

Comments

• glynisrose
    Options
    Go to your local market and buy a bag of P3, its the same stuff as they put in duvet's and its hypoallergenic so its safe even for kids!! Its washable and you get a huge amount for a little money, I try to never be without some.
  • moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,434 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Look at the cushion pads in Wilco's. They are really cheap and I think they do 2 sizes.
  • vikki_louise
    Options
    The p3 sounds great. I'm housebound so need to buy it online, does it have a different name as I can't find it?
    Can you cut up cushion pads?
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • glynisrose
    Options
    Sorry I only know it as P3 but if you search for hypoallergenic quilt filling it might come up. I get mine from a local rag market.
  • Kinski
    Kinski Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Have a look on line for either kapok or hollowfibre filling, I buy mine from Dunelm mill it costs me £7.99 for a kilo http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/hollowfibre-filling-47406, I've no idea how much it costs for delivery though. I would think that using material might make your wreath lumpy, when it's finished you have to come back on and show it to us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport