How to increase twitter followers

Hi, i know this has probable been asked thousands of times but i'm struggling. Can someone please tell me how i can increase my followers and keep them? ive been comping on Twitter for quite a while but i can never get past the 560 mark, i gain a few and then when i log on the next day ive lost a few! what am i doing wrong? it would be great to not have to keep unfollowing people all the time
TIA X
Thank you to everyone who takes the time to post comps :beer:

Comments

• JessicAhh
    JessicAhh Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Have you looked at this thread? Most people will follow you back, and I'm pretty sure that by increasing who follows you by one extra, you will be able to increase those you follow by more than one?...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2617257

The way to pick up some 'free' ones is also to RT or favourite people's posts - they will often follow you for doing that. Also, try posting a few posts that aren't related to comping, using whatever hashtags are trending that day, and you might pick up a few followers that way...
  • be interesting, tpical, or famous!

wouldn't worry about follow count. start to chase those, you best stay away!
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • JessicAhh
    wouldn't worry about follow count.

If you don't worry about follower count, though, you risk losing the ability to add more follows until you have more followers? I thought that was how it worked...

The absolute max for following people is 2,000, but I've heard of others who've been stopped at a lower number because they don't have enough followers.
  • sax11
    sax11 Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    There is no limit for the amount you can follow - i always follow a lot less than follow me (thats excluding the comp account)
  • JessicAhh
    I always thought there was a limit, which was why people on here ask sometimes about deleting people they follow... D'oh me! :wall:
  • JessicAhh
    From the Twitter Help Center:
    Every account can follow 2,000 users total. Once you’ve followed 2,000 users, there are limits to the number of additional users you can follow. This number is different for each account and is based on your ratio of followers to following; this ratio is not published. Follow limits cannot be lifted by Twitter and everyone is subject to limits, even high profile and API accounts.
  • LizB62
    LizB62 Posts: 4,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I can follow 2001 users until it stops me - not sure where the extra 1 has come from !!
    Best win ever: Trip to the Galapagos Islands in 2010
  • sax11
    sax11 Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    JessicAhh wrote: »
    From the Twitter Help Center:
    Every account can follow 2,000 users total. Once you’ve followed 2,000 users, there are limits to the number of additional users you can follow. This number is different for each account and is based on your ratio of followers to following; this ratio is not published. Follow limits cannot be lifted by Twitter and everyone is subject to limits, even high profile and API accounts.

oops > https://twitter.com/BarackObama

or > https://twitter.com/yokoono

a lot more than 2000
  • Hello Michaelaeloise! Why don't you post your Twitter name (@whatever) and I'm sure a few will follow!

Here's me.... @Rae_Hound
    "The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
    To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming"
  • And here is a thread that might increase your Twittage followage!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2617257&page=60
    "The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
    To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills