Concert tickets from Gumtree

Options
chokolat2
chokolat2 Posts: 438 Forumite
I know just by reading the subject, you are probably already thinking its a no-no zone, but here goes...

I bought 2 tickets for a concert in April this year from Gumtree.
Seller seems friendly, answer very quickly, actually gave me his address for collection, but I preferred to meet somewhere public. So I bought the tickets, but now doing some reading I am having a few doubts.
Of course should have done this the other way round, but unfortunately in the excitement of things, got bit carried away.

The tickets themselves look and feel genuine, apart from two things.
These are from Ticket Factory, and the barcode on the long part of the ticket is like split into 2 (difficult to explain, but looking at other tickets, the barcode is bold and very clear), although on the tear-off bit, it is actually bold and clear.
The other thing, I was browsing Gumtree today for other tickets, and came across (for same concert, different seller) someone who posted a photo of their 3 tickets, but I noticed it is the same order number as mine! Cant see the barcode though as the quality is not the best.
Of course this may not mean anything suspicious, these are promoter tickets and could have been in different blocks under 1 order (as you can freely purchase if I remember correctly up to 10 tickets).
I contacted Ticket Factory today, only to be told that they cannot check my barcode as this is only scanned on the day, but did confirm that the order number is a Ticket Factory order number. Again this didn't really calm my thoughts, as it doesn't really prove anything.
I also asked the seller to forward me confirmation email of purchase, at the moment still waiting for a reply. But again how do I know that the email is real?

I just wanted to share my story and ask if anyone been in similar position? Were your tickets genuine and okay? Or have you experienced where you were refused entry?
Perhaps someone is aware and can advise how else I can check if the tickets are real? Or is the only way just to sit and wait and hope for the best?

I would hate to travel to the venue after waiting months for the date, only to be refused entry :o

Thanks.:)
p.s: sorry just noticed should have posted this into the sub-forum, sorry

Comments

• KoreyJoseph
    Options
    I don't think there is any other way to know that the ticket is real or not but whatever you are saying is to be suspected as why ticket factory is not sending the confirmation or it can also happen that they are late to send mail so from my point of view if they don't send the confirmation mail before the concert I think it will be useless to go for the concert as their can be a chance that the ticket is fake.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure