DLA renewal

Options
Wanted to share my news...
My DLA is/was up for renewal in April this year, they sent me the form way back in November but I put off filling it in for ages, and didn't want to send it off for fear of them taking it all away from me.
So I was brave, I sent it in on the 10th feb, got a letter yesterday letting me know they received it on the 11th.
Today I got my decision.....
Continued higher rate mobility, mid rate care......PHEW!!!!
can't quite believe it only took 2 weeks and that it's been renewed, INDEFINITELY, without a fight...but I am soooooooo relieved.

I am aware that indefinite only means until pip kicks in, but I'm feeling huge relief for now.

Comments

• Sunny_Saver
    Sunny_Saver Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done. When does PIP start?
    “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Excellent news & can imagine how elated you must feel. If you're buying cakes to celebrate, mine's a Belgian bun please!
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • SandraScarlett
    Options
    What a great worry off your mind. :j It's the most wonderful letter you could receive!

xx
  • mummyroysof3
    Options
    That's great. My sons was received on jan23rd and we haven't heard anything else yet.
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,919 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done. When does PIP start?

PIP was supposed to begin transfers with 'indefinite' DLA awards around October 2015, and be rolled out gradually to all current DLA claimants of 'working age'.

But many welfare rights groups seem to be under the impression that there are liable to be long delays, before it even begins, with the current chaos continuing for a very long time.

Have to wait and see.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • shopaholic2
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm delighted, although a tad suspicious as to how they've turned it round in less than 2 weeks without a fight, but hey, who am I to argue?!!
    I'm dreading PIP, and although my award is indefinite, I know it's not really, but I'm very keen to learn when I might be called for PIP, just so I know!

Thank you all, I hope you get the results you want when your time comes too x
  • maggieann2luke
    Options
    I've just got my DLA changed to the mobility part and it's in place for 2 years unless my condition changes for the better. There has been no mention about PIP so I'm very happy.
  • hardtimes
    Options
    Wanted to share my news...
    My DLA is/was up for renewal in April this year, they sent me the form way back in November but I put off filling it in for ages, and didn't want to send it off for fear of them taking it all away from me.
    So I was brave, I sent it in on the 10th feb, got a letter yesterday letting me know they received it on the 11th.
    Today I got my decision.....
    Continued higher rate mobility, mid rate care......PHEW!!!!
    can't quite believe it only took 2 weeks and that it's been renewed, INDEFINITELY, without a fight...but I am soooooooo relieved.

I am aware that indefinite only means until pip kicks in, but I'm feeling huge relief for now.

Well done. At least you can relax for a while, not having to watch the post, dreading the letter re an assessment
  • Mr_Lawnmower
    Options
    I'm very keen to learn when I might be called for PIP, just so I know!

I've posted the best information I can find on this subject here (click). Whether the timescale for 'managed reassessment' slips from the proposed October 2015 to September 2017 window depends, in part, on what happens before then to address the existing backlog of cases and get 'natural reassessment' operating properly nationwide.
  • mummyroysof3
    mummyroysof3 Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    Options
    Had a text today to say my son has been awarded dla on his renewal....hope letter detailing what he will get comes quick.
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport