Lloyds.. Wow that was fast

Made a telephone claim about mis sold gold account, had it since 1998, was told I had to have it as I was always in the red for the over draught ...I didn"t argue. I knew I had travel insurance but only in December when I started blood pressure medication, and they wouldn't"t cover me, I also found out I had AA cover (been paying RAC for years) mobile phone cover and card protection, never claimed again as most of it I didn"t even know I had!
Anyway rang them last week (Wed) within the hour the complaints department rang me back, and then today they rang to say I have been refused. I have now cancelled my gold account I had to go into a branch they wouldn't do it over the phone god knows why. So think it"s off to ombudsman ....is this usual ? any tips on ombudsman template?

Comments

• Catpuss66 wrote: »
    Made a telephone claim about mis sold gold account, had it since 1998, was told I had to have it as I was always in the red for the over draught ...I didn"t argue. I knew I had travel insurance but only in December when I started blood pressure medication, and they wouldn't"t cover me, I also found out I had AA cover (been paying RAC for years) mobile phone cover and card protection, never claimed again as most of it I didn"t even know I had!
    Anyway rang them last week (Wed) within the hour the complaints department rang me back, and then today they rang to say I have been refused. I have now cancelled my gold account I had to go into a branch they wouldn't do it over the phone god knows why. So think it"s off to ombudsman ....is this usual ? any tips on ombudsman template?

There is no template letter to complain to the FOS because you don't send them a letter.

The FOS has it's own complaint form you need to complete to file a complaint with them. Get a copy from the FOS website.
  • Many thanks for reply , just waiting for the refusal letter in writing. Will wait and see what happens
  • Catpuss66 wrote: »
    just waiting for the refusal letter in writing. Will wait and see what happens
    The letter will detail why they have rejected (basically there will be no documentary evidence that you were told you had to have the account) and inform you that you can refer your complaint to FOS if you remain dissatisfied.

Since any FOS referral will likely take in excess of eighteen months, the title of your thread is rather ironic.
  • Catpuss66
    Catpuss66 Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    The letter will detail why they have rejected (basically there will be no documentary evidence that you were told you had to have the account) and inform you that you can refer your complaint to FOS if you remain dissatisfied.

Since any FOS referral will likely take in excess of eighteen months, the title of your thread is rather ironic.

Thanks for the support or not....actually the title was meant to be sarcastic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure