Iii

Options

Comments

• JenniferK
    JenniferK Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    juliamarsh wrote: »
    SVS is also great for shares and ETFs, from what I can see they are much the same as X-O, the only charge they make is a flat dealing charge of £5.75 per trade.

Cheaper than III and with service to boot :j
  • Nocto
    Nocto Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    darren72 wrote: »
    Thanks - How about iweb - I believe they are quite cheap (comparable to III) - Has anyone had any experience on what they are like for service ?

I used Halifax Share Dealing for over ten years (who also own & operate iWeb I understand), and their service was faultless. I only transferred out of HSD after I had swapped all my investments to funds, then found out what trail commission was… Neither HSD or iWeb pay rebates.

I opened an account with iWeb a few months ago and it looks the same as my HSD account. Only difference I can see is the price - cheaper to trade with iWeb, but it costs £25 to open the account.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    juliamarsh wrote: »
    SVS is also great for shares and ETFs, from what I can see they are much the same as X-O, the only charge they make is a flat dealing charge of £5.75 per trade.

This is SVS Securities? Do they offer a SIPP?
  • Michael_Nottingham
    Options
    Re the iWeb question

I moved my SIPP to iWeb when HL substantially hiked their fees (for low cost trackers)

The transfer took 3-4 months

The site is very basic but works and I haven't dealt through them (I am holding very low cost trackers and am not adding to this SIPP) so cant really comment re dealing

I phoned them a few times during the transfer - they (Halifax/iWeb) couldn't always answer my questions immediately as AJ Bell seem to do a lot of the work behind the scenes on the SIPP - but to be fair they did get back to me fairly promptly. Also they kept sending me letters referencing my ISA (rather than SIPP) transfer - which was slightly concerning - but they just told me they must have send the wrong version of the standard letter!!!!

It all transferred fairly quickly (compared to 2 ISA transfers to III) and I am happy with them - the security of being part of a large group is also comforting.
  • juliamarsh
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    This is SVS Securities? Do they offer a SIPP?

Not yet, but they have plans to introduce one. At present it is just a trading account and an ISA.
  • inflationbuster
    Options
    I'm with iWeb and III, l actually opened iWeb as l wanted to spread my cash around and spread risk plus needed nothing no frills and cheap. Same platform as III previously used (different user interface) and it does the job. No complaints.
  • JenniferK
    Options
    I'm with iWeb and III, l actually opened iWeb as l wanted to spread my cash around and spread risk plus needed nothing no frills and cheap. Same platform as III previously used (different user interface) and it does the job. No complaints.

How long does iweb take to pay dividends?
  • Nocto
    Nocto Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    JenniferK wrote: »
    How long does iweb take to pay dividends?

Just had a look at the dividend payments in my old Halifax Share Dealing account. They have an ‘issue date’ of between 0 - 4 days after the managers pay date. The money used to reach my bank about 4 - 5 days after that. System seemed reliable.

I’m assuming iWeb would be the same. Though I haven’t actually used them yet so can’t be 100% certain.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, no sign of my end December div- the latest I had received it previously was 13th of the month following payment date.

I phoned II and was told that they are still within the ten working days specified by their regulator.

I asked where the money actually is - I was told that the question was only answerable by referring to their internal dividend team and getting such an answer could take up to five working days! I think that the carrier pigeons must be off colour.

I am now convinced that the team are sitting at high desks, their ledgers and quill pens before them!:D

I was told that the dividend team would have to consult both Invesco Perpetual and FNZ to ascertain whether the dividend had been paid/received........

Oh dear! Getting cross:mad:
  • sorcerer
    sorcerer Posts: 878 Forumite
    Options
    I imagine a very large desk with an In and Out tray, with a nerdy bloke sitting at it, going though each piece of paper, and slowly (very slowly) moving it into the Out tray. And eventually somebody else picks up the piece of paper and manually types in into the website, and that's when you get your dividend. :D

xylophone wrote: »
    Well, no sign of my end December div- the latest I had received it previously was 13th of the month following payment date.

I phoned II and was told that they are still within the ten working days specified by their regulator.

I asked where the money actually is - I was told that the question was only answerable by referring to their internal dividend team and getting such an answer could take up to five working days! I think that the carrier pigeons must be off colour.

I am now convinced that the team are sitting at high desks, their ledgers and quill pens before them!:D

I was told that the dividend team would have to consult both Invesco Perpetual and FNZ to ascertain whether the dividend had been paid/received........

Oh dear! Getting cross:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport