Money supermarket shares offer

Just had an email from moneysupermarket.com offering me the chance to apply for their shares as they have announced an intention to float on the stock exchange.
Is this ligit? and is it a good idea to buy shares in a company just starting out on the exchange?

Replies

• JonbvnJonbvn Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I heard that they would float shortly, making the owners a LOT of money. There was some issue about one of the original owners beeing bought-out.
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • > Is this ligit?<

Yes. They are going to float

> is it a good idea to buy shares in a company just starting out on the exchange?<

It is for the founder! He's getting £100m in cash and £500m in shares!
  • flossy_splodgeflossy_splodge Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    All you have to do is fill in the registration process and OMIT the bank details and you can wait and see!
    ;)
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden
  • MoorepartMoorepart Forumite
    181 Posts
    amcluesent wrote: »
    > Is this ligit?<

Yes. They are going to float

> is it a good idea to buy shares in a company just starting out on the exchange?<

It is for the founder! He's getting £100m in cash and £500m in shares!

Sounds like 'Take the money and run, they know that the market for borrowing is going to decline in the near near future, credit squeeze on the way and takings will be down by quite a lot, quite soon. This of course is part of the 'New Face' of capitalism, whereby the big boys make millions by the 100 and use their crafty mates in the city to convince the ordinary punters to take the risk, (and the pension funds who also know whats going on but their attitude is ' who gives a sh*t) :mad: good luck to them.
  • shown73shown73 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Did I not hear that their profits were down for the second year running, and that this is the second attempt at a flotation?? I could be wrong, just half remember seeing an article somewhere. In any case, common sense dictates a thorough investigation before investing in anything.....
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides