We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Goods not rcvd, money taken

Options
Hi, we are looking for some advice about a company who my partner seen on facebook then ordered some clothes from their website, using her debit card to the tune of £80 ish, on the 30th January.

An email confirmation was sent to her and the money debited from her bank account on the 31st January. The website stated items would be delivered in 8-10 days with a 2 day dispatch.

Having not received the items after 2 weeks, my partner contacted the seller via their website only to be ignored. Then she tried to contact them trough their facebook page only to be bloked from posting. I tried to contact through facebook messenger and was told they would be delivered 'end of week'. This was last week.

What can we do now, as we are £80 short with no items and getting ignored by the seller.

Thanks

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did they pay the company directly or use a third party service (such as paypal)?

If they paid directly, they should be able to action a chargeback with their bank for non-delivery.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Thanks for your reply. We paid the company directly by debit card via the bank. We will look into chargeback. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport