Council Tax Benefit Rate if on ESA

Options
Hi,

I was wondering how much Council Tax Benefit are we allowed if we claim ESA? Say if the Council Tax is £900 a year, how much percentage of it would Council Tax Benefit pay?

Secondly do you get any sort of reduction in council tax if you are claiming DLA (highest)?

Thirdly I saw a "Liability reduction of 25%" on my council tax, what's this?

Circumstances:
Band A property, husband and wife (both on esa and highest dla) with two non dependant children.

Comments

• salfordgirl
    Options
    It totally depends on your council

Each council now has different policies on how much they will charge each person.

You may go from paying no council tax to paying a percentage.
  • sh1981
    sh1981 Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    It totally depends on your council

Each council now has different policies on how much they will charge each person.

You may go from paying no council tax to paying a percentage.

Cornwall council. I'm aware things are changing, but I'm asking in relation to how it is or was, not how it will be. Imagine no change took place, it's still year 2013.
  • elle_may
    elle_may Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    sh1981 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering how much Council Tax Benefit are we allowed if we claim ESA? Say if the Council Tax is £900 a year, how much percentage of it would Council Tax Benefit pay?

Secondly do you get any sort of reduction in council tax if you are claiming DLA (highest)?

Thirdly I saw a "Liability reduction of 25%" on my council tax, what's this?

Circumstances:
    Band A property, husband and wife (both on esa and highest dla) with two non dependant children.
    It was 100%. This was based on means tested benefits. DLA is disreagarded as income, so no reduction needed. Every council did and will now have diffferent reduction's and the assumption now is that everyone will have to pay something, as council's money from goverment is being reduced.
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why have you started another thread on council tax when you already started one earlier, which has lots of replies?
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure