We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

hillary blinds appalling response

Options
My mother 86 had a visit from Hillary Blinds who sold her a pair of curtains for a small kitchen window charging her £200. She paid half the bill and had to then wait for the curtains to be made. She unfortunately became ill and had to go into hospital and is now going to have to go into residential care. I contacted Hillary Blinds to see if it was possible to cancel but they said NO as more than 7 days had passed since the order. I had hoped they would show some compassion as she is not going to be able to return to her home (Housing association property) and will therefore have no use of the curtains.The price of the curtains also seems very excessive. Unfortunately she suffers from early stage dementia and was likely very confused by the salesperson who it appears has sold her the dearest material they have. The window is 4 feet by 4 feet!
:(:(:(:(

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills