We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Credit Notes

Options
I have recently bought from a wholesaler who I have dealt with before. Two items were delivered broken. I notified them within 24hrs of this and they said they would issue a credit note. I don't want this I want a refund as I may not shop there again in future. They say it's in there terms and conditions. But surely if something is actually broken and not being returned because I don't want it. I should be entitled to a refund and not a credit note?
Yellowlawn

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?

Comments

• InsideInsurance
    Options
    You say this is from a wholesaler, is this therefore a business transaction or are you buying from them for your personal use (and have them aware of this)?
  • sjbrun
    sjbrun Posts: 470 Forumite
    Options
    I have never received a refund for a faulty item from a wholesaler only credit notes. Usually the reason is you buy in a full box and so its easier for both for accounting purposes to have a credit off the next box if one or two is broken inside
  • yellowlawn
    Options
    You say this is from a wholesaler, is this therefore a business transaction or are you buying from them for your personal use (and have them aware of this)?

It is for a business that I bought the item.
    Yellowlawn

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?
  • vuvuzela
    vuvuzela Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    Options
    yellowlawn wrote: »
    It is for a business that I bought the item.

So a business to business transaction, ie no 'consumer rights'. What do the business's T&Cs say about this ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport