Warranty Postage Costs

Options
In 2013, I purchased a camera accessory from the eBay outlet of a Chinese company called Yongnuo. The second time I used it, the item failed. It was within warranty so I emailed the retailer ...no reply. I sent several emails to their European office ...no reply. I contacted their main office in China & they advised returning it there - at my own cost.

I returned the item complete & in its original packaging. After a long delay, made longer by the Chinese New Year holiday, they have emailed me to say they have fixed the item & I must send them the return postage cost via PayPal.

Am I wrong to insist they pay at least the return postage to me? I had hoped the outward postage would be reimbursed if the fault were a manufacturing error.

Comments

• Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you don't pay return P+P you won't be getting it back.

At no stage have you said it came from the UK so one must assume UK legislation will not apply.
  • Braboor
    Options
    The original item cost about £80. Postage costs for repair will be about £30.
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your only hope is to talk to the European arm. Some of the others will be along shortly to help you in the right direction with that.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Its the problem buying chinese, you have no rights you can enforce.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure