faulty automatic watch

Options
I need some advice. I purchased a rotary automatic watch in November 2013 from earnest Jones. However over Christmas it developed a fault where it would randomly stop and start even when fully wound. I went back to the store and they returned it to rotary where it had a full service but as it had to go back to Switzerland the turnaround was four weeks. I have had it back for a week and the same problem has happened.

I have gone back to the store and asked for refund as it it not fit for purpose under sale of goods act. The store said they would only provide a refund if the watch was repaired three times and still broken(I was speaking to the manager). They have offered to exchange the watch for a new one of the same type (and as I like it have accepted) but if this one has the same issue I will need to send it for repair three times for a refund.

My question isx what is the legal requirements that I allow the store for repair as potentially will not have a reliable watch for 3-4 months before I could get a refund. If they try and fix it once and fail can I get a refund on the sale of goods act.

Oh and my preference is for a working watching and not to get a refund but need advice incase it all goes wrong.

Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport