Sales of goods act - dvd

Options
Hey all, i'm just wondering if someone can shed light on these two things (buying online);

1. Buy sealed box set, watch half of them over a period of 5 months and notice that the later discs have scratches. Entitled to full refund, repair, replace?

2. Buy new game, don't check the condition (ie seal) upon receipt and only report a broken seal 1.5 months later when want to return unwanted. Is it up to the seller to prove that item was sealed when sent? Also, does the fact that it wasn't reported within 1.5 months affect a possible return?

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    daytona0 wrote: »
    Hey all, i'm just wondering if someone can shed light on these two things (buying online);

1. Buy sealed box set, watch half of them over a period of 5 months and notice that the later discs have scratches. Entitled to full refund, repair, replace?

2. Buy new game, don't check the condition (ie seal) upon receipt and only report a broken seal 1.5 months later when want to return unwanted. Is it up to the seller to prove that item was sealed when sent? Also, does the fact that it wasn't reported within 1.5 months affect a possible return?

1. Entitled to repair, replace or partial refund (they can refuse your choice if its disproportionately costly) unless retailer can prove item was not inherently faulty.

2. You have no rights to return items that are unwanted unless they have a policy allowing such returns. However they are free to have any restrictions on their policy that they like.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure