Extended warranty help...

Options
So I took out an extended warranty when buying my iPad. Good news: my iPad dies without reason & iPad is replaced.
Bad news: son has dropped new iPad and destroyed the screen.

So the question is does the warranty care over to the new iPad or should I have taken out a new one?
Debt 27/01/2014 £36,906.65
CC1 £4,450 CC2 £5,050 OD £2,400
Loan 1 £16,113.50 Loan 2 £2144.72
PDL1 £795.70 PDL2 £3,773.52 PDL3 £1,363.97
Catalogue £815.24
Awaiting IVA decision......

Comments

• sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Probably best to ring them and ask since we've not seen the paperwork.
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nothing in law. Everything in the terms you agreed to, nothing anyone here will be able to help you with unless you can link to a copy should they not answer your question when you check them...
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    At least you have been honest as to the reason for the damage! A director at a company I used to work for brought me his laptop with a broken screen. He told me that it had fallen out of the overhead locker on a plane. The huge cracks in the screen were actually gooed with pink crayon!

I had to have an under-warranty replacement iPod from Apple and the warranty just continued from the date of the original purchase, not the replacement date. I would expect that your extended cover would work in the same way, and it does cover accidental damage, so it should be OK as long as it is less than 2 years since your original purchase.
  • yangptangkipperbang
    Options
    Read the "small print"....................several I have seen state quite clearly that the replacement of an item under the extended warranty can only be claimed once.

eg: From Argos:-

"What happens if your product is replaced?............................. If we decide to replace your product (or to pay a contribution), your plan will end immediately and any unpaid fee for the current plan period will become due.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure