Cheapest place to buy tissue paper?

Options
Venturing over from my new home the Wedding Board in the hope I can get some MSE pointers from you all :)

I'm planning on making some tissue paper pom poms to decorate my wedding venue.

Photo-11.jpg

I'd like recommendations on any good value suppliers please. I'm specifically looking for navy blue and pale pink sheets.

Best I've found from a quick look online is £5.74 for 100 sheets on eBay.

Also, whilst I've got your attention...! What kind of paper would I need to make these

paper-wheel-wall-rosette-backdrop-465x348.jpg

http://catchmyparty.com/blog/diy-how-to-make-a-backdrop-out-of-paper-rosettes

and where would I find some that doesn't break the bank? When I've Googled 'craft paper' it all looks pretty expensive. Colourways needed as above.

Thank you all :)

Comments

• Scrapmate
    Options
    Do you have a florist wholesalers near you? The one I visit sells bulk packs in different colours. It's been a while since I bought any but your ebay price doesn't look too bad. Try amazon as well.
    As for the rosettes well you don't want anything too thick or else you won't get nice sharp creases. You could try wallpaper (get a sample from a DIY shop and have a practice). Have a go with different weights of paper and see what works best.
    Use your stuff challenge 50/50
  • glynisrose
    Options
    You want something about 160 gsm for the rosettes, any thinner and they would rip when you creased them and any thicker and it would be hard work!! There are cutting dies that will cut and crease the base rosettes and then all you have to do is glue them, wait till they dry, press them down, stick spots on them back and front to hold them together.
  • sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
  • Scrapmate
    Options
    It's easy enough to make rosettes without a die but I find my Martha Stewart (or any other) scoring board helpful to score even lines.
    Use your stuff challenge 50/50
  • littlesnuggy
    Options
    Thanks all :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business