Public funds

So whats the procedure, right away after we get married I apply to IND to change her status from fiance visa to spouse visa?

Is that the FLR? or does that come later?

Thanks again for all the helpful info, it really is good to talk to someone who has just successfully done what we are trying to do.

This form you showed me. http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/635.../flr(m)may.pdf is this for FLT for right after you are married, or for ILR for after 2 years.

I thought it was a simple process immediately after wedding just change status from fiance visa to spouse visa, then after 2 years its a big deal to try and get ILR.

Its all so confusing, because at the end of this form it says you have to provide 20 documents to prove you were living together for last 2years.

Well we are christain's and because of religous beliefs we wont live together until we are married.

Comments

• meluca
    meluca Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi RDBI will try and explain this as clearly as i can but feel free to ask any q's or pm me anytime -Get married, apply for FLR (further leave to remain), that's the form link i gave you ( don't worry about the 20 documents thing that's just for unmarried or same sex partners), but you will need 3 months worth of financial evidence to show you can support yourselves eg. bank statements, wage slips.You will not need to fill the whole form in ONLY the parts which apply to you as same sex/unmarried partners use the same form .If you can print it off now and READ THROUGH IT CAREFULLY to familiarise yourself.When all filled in, all documents together, read through it and re-read to double check.Post off and sit back and wait for passport to come back with visa.The visa will be valid for 2 years, then you apply for ILR (indefinate leave to remain) which is basically the same process but then you do have to send approx 20 documents to prove you have been living together for the last 2 years.HTH
    Wise men talk because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something ;)
  • RDB
    RDB Posts: 872 Forumite
    Thanks again, I will take you up on your offer and ask for your help again nearer the time.

One thing, it doesnt mention anywhere on the form to provide wage slips. Im self employed so dont have any anyway.

As long as I can prove we have enough money to live on, is that the main thing?
  • meluca
    meluca Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As long as I can prove we have enough money to live on, is that the main thing?

It sure is.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something ;)
  • RDB
    Could anyone please help me with some questions about Indefinite Leave to Remain for my wife.

She has 2 yrs further leave to remain so I understand it that 28 days before that runs out we have to apply for ILR.

So is this the one where we need 20 different proofs of living together for the last 2 yrs?

I am trying to find out exactly what else is needed and is it very difficult?

Also if we were out of the country during that time, how long is allowed before it effects things?
  • RDB
    Is there anyone on here in the same boat as us?

Or maybe someone who has been through this recently?

I am wondering how hard it is to get ILR these days?

Is it any easier now the credit crisis means less people want to come to the UK?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure