MSE News: Mis-sold CPP card protection? Watch for a claim form in the post

2»

Replies

• x.x.x.x.x.x. Forumite
    155 Posts
    I have just filled in my form, but seen to have lost the envelope - can i just use a normal one and pop a stamp on it? if so, what is the address? x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    x.x.x. wrote: »
    can i just use a normal one and pop a stamp on it? if so, what is the address? x
    You can contact the scheme team on 08000 83 43 93
  • Hiya, to all who received a claim form for CPP. All you have to do is complete the details and say you were led to believe you couldn't use your card without it. This is what happened with me and only last week I got a cheque for £234.16. Result!!! Basically if you have received a claim form you MUST be entitled to something. All it takes is a few minutes of your time.
    Good luck.
  • Hi, I only received one claim form but am almost positive I had CPP stuff (unnecessarily) on at least two seperate accounts. Should I have received more than one form?
    Thanks
  • poshpaws_007poshpaws_007 Forumite
    34 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    HI
    I am claiming on behalf of a friend who finds this stuff puzzling. She has received a cheque for £150.00 but I think she is due more as she's had this CPP for a few years - is it the same process of simply not accepting the first cheque that comes along as this is a fob off from the bank?
    Any advice greatly received and any related links to investigating this further please?

cheers:beer:
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    13.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    The CPP scheme is only paying out post 2005.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    - is it the same process of simply not accepting the first cheque that comes along as this is a fob off from the bank?
    There is no "process" of refusing the first cheque at all, you can only refute the amount if you have proof that you paid more. You will never be refunded more than was paid.
    In the case of the CPP refund scheme, payments made prior to 2005 are not included. You have to complain to the Bank who sold you the insurance for pre-2005 cases. Again, there is no "process" whereby the complainant refuses the redress and so is offered more.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Gin, gee-gees & groceries

This week's MSE Forum highlights

Team Blog

2for1 adult tickets to theme parks

Via selected £1-£3 Kellogg's promo packs

MSE Deals