Paperless statements & making payments

Options
I've gone paperless on my credit cards and generally make online payments.

However yesterday I wanted to pay cash onto my credit card so I printed off the paying in slip

The bank had abit of difficulty in processing the slip (apparently the ones you get through the post are magnetic and so can be read by the banks till reader but eventually accepted it and duly gave me a receipt for the payment

At the moment the payment isn't registering on my account so I'm wondering is there a way around this apart from paying the money into my account and then making an online payment as I've always done?.
2014 Target;
To overpay CC by £1,000.
Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
£15.88 saved to date

Comments

• SammenForLivet2
    Options
    Hello

Did you use your credit card's bank - e.g: Barclay's for Barclaycard?

Has more than 3 working days have surpassed since you've made this payment?
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
  • mountainofdebt
    Options
    Hello

Did you use your credit card's bank - e.g: Barclay's for Barclaycard?

Has more than 3 working days have surpassed since you've made this payment?

Nope - it was a lloyd's branch for a tesco cc. - and in fairness the payment was only made yesterday so I'm not that worried (at the moment,lol!)

what I was really getting at is if you've gone paperless is the only way that you can make a payment to the cc is by making an online payment?
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • SammenForLivet2
    Options
    I would expect this to take three working days, so that should be on Tuesday or Wednesday, if you've paid on Friday.

Not really - you can post them a cheque, with your account number on the reverse, to the address shown on your statement.

You could pay via Direct Debit, Debit Card or Faster Payments too.

Cash payments with on-line statements can typically only be made with the card, in the card issuers bank (e.g: Barclaycard in a Barclay's branch).

Alternatively, you could help the postman and get paper statements, and then be able to use the full range of payment methods.
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
  • FLAPJACK
    FLAPJACK Posts: 524 Forumite
    Options
    If you have online banking you could put Tesco CC as a payment recipient.....couple of clicks and the payment is with them within 2 hours.

Check nextday on CC website and see the payment paid into your CC account.

If it isn't there you have the proof of payment on your online banking current account statement.
  • Tigerprint
    Options
    I had this problem when I went paperless too. I prefer to pay my CC by cash at the bank. so went back to paper statements.

However, in the past, when I had lost a payment slip, I phoned my CC company & they issued me quite a few payment slips that I could use. You may find your CC company will do the same.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

what I was really getting at is if you've gone paperless is the only way that you can make a payment to the cc is by making an online payment?

Log on to your online account and make payments via debit card.

Or set up a payee on your bank account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport