No surprise there then.... known cheat wins FB voting comp

Options
2»

Comments

• kezfin
    kezfin Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apparently they've now disqualified her.
    :hello: :starmod:Huge Thank you to all Competiton posters :starmod:
    Challenge 2016: £0/£2016
    2015 prize total: £155
    2014 prize total: £740
    2013 prize total: £940
  • kzmicallef
    Options
    voting comps are never fair it's like highest score comps, when it comes to photo comps they should have a panel of judges and check the photo is original before announcing a winner. The companies do need to act more responsibly as well and regulate their comps.
    Starting afresh - comping as much as poss!

Hoping for: some beauty goods, clothes, amazon vouchers, anime, manga, wardrobe, fridge freezer, laptop, an ipad, vouchers for next, exercise goods, a uk break and a wee hol somewhere nice!
    Wishing all a little luck:beer:
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :( Can't get my head around the mentality of cheaters :huh::huh::huh::huh:
    Recently someone tried claiming the photo they won with that was found on Sainsbury's (I think, definitely a big company,) cookery page was one they had submitted :shocked: . Despite being a different gender :rotfl:.
    The prize? a bag of salad ...:eek::rotfl::eek::rotfl:

ETA - Often use this link and post on companies' walls when I see voting comps. Feel free to bookmark & do likewise ;)http://www.superlucky.co.uk/2012/08/ten-reasons-why-voting-competitions-are.html
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • Elsbells21
    Elsbells21 Posts: 1,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 February 2014 at 4:08PM
    Options
    Well the company seem to have handled it well at least.

Totally agree with grannybiker, what sort of mean-spirited opportunistic person do you have to be to rig comps like this... :(
  • JessicAhh
    JessicAhh Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    I cannot see anything (T&C's) to stop them getting votes/likes however they wanted, if this is correct then they cannot have cheated?

Found what they had, so as long as the winner was a UK resident they did not cheat (act outside the rules)

So by disqualifying her, they could be breaking their own Ts and Cs...
    Hmmm. Rod for their own back there, I think.

They're now saying the following:
    Right on Monday i will be going through all the entries and disqualifying anyone that is cheating or even suspected of cheating. We will then put the remainder of the names in a hat and draw then for the prizes!!! that way everyone has an equal chance to win!!!!
    So does that mean those who won the other prizes, fair and square, won't necessarily win? Seems a bit unfair on them.
  • Elzmumof3
    Options
    Catty212 wrote: »
    It makes me laugh that another of those commenting on the page/winner is also an 'outed cheater' who has at least five Facebook accounts.

i'd be interested to know who this is - i entered that comp - my 1st, and last most likes comps cos they are bloody awful - and would hate to think there was more than 1 cheat.
    January Wins - Gangster Squad Goodies, Sun Lotion
    February Wins - Wombles Goody Bag, Ideal Home Show Tickets, Lunch on Cruise Ship
    March Wins - 2night family break to legoland, outfit from Kaleidoscope, Iron Cleaning Stck.
    2013 aims - Ipad, Iphone, Family Holiday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure