• JessicAhh
    JessicAhh Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Depressing...
  • BFlying
    BFlying Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    I've read the Facebook page but how did they win the contest? Did you have to like the page?
  • JessicAhh
    JessicAhh Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    Options
    BFlying - it was a photography comp, so I'm guessing it was vote for your favourite photo. In the comments, they admitted to using special software for 'auto likes' on FB.
  • Catty212
    Catty212 Posts: 1,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    It makes me laugh that another of those commenting on the page/winner is also an 'outed cheater' who has at least five Facebook accounts.
    Fantastic Expectations Amazing Revelations
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,917 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 1 February 2014 at 12:02AM
    Options
    I cannot see anything (T&C's) to stop them getting votes/likes however they wanted, if this is correct then they cannot have cheated?

Found what they had, so as long as the winner was a UK resident they did not cheat (act outside the rules)

Picture with MAXIMUM number of likes win!!!

*Terms & Conditions Apply:
    1) ONLY UK residents are eligible to enter the contest
  • grinnerlynn
    Options
    shes awful, at christmas she was entering kids creative comps with her items to win, and on everycancounts facebook page, she entered under different accounts to win several prizes. disgusting and i believe she got her prizes then as companies do nothing so no wonder she continues
    :A
  • kzmicallef
    Options
    people who cheat to win are disgusting, they give compers a bad name and put companies off posting competitions.
    Starting afresh - comping as much as poss!

Hoping for: some beauty goods, clothes, amazon vouchers, anime, manga, wardrobe, fridge freezer, laptop, an ipad, vouchers for next, exercise goods, a uk break and a wee hol somewhere nice!
    Wishing all a little luck:beer:
  • 12LuDo
    12LuDo Posts: 165 Forumite
    Options
    I blame the companies as well, though. If they made the effort to research how best to run a competition, voting comps would not even happen, but they could also create proper T&Cs to at least try and prevent cheats.
  • BFlying
    BFlying Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    BFlying - it was a photography comp, so I'm guessing it was vote for your favourite photo. In the comments, they admitted to using special software for 'auto likes' on FB.

It is totally unscrupulous (think that's how you spell it!) to win a competition in that way. I'd rather win a photo competition because people genuinely liked my photo, not by cheating.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,917 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    BFlying wrote: »
    It is totally unscrupulous (think that's how you spell it!) to win a competition in that way. I'd rather win a photo competition because people genuinely liked my photo, not by cheating.

That will not happen, even without groups/swops etc people are far more likely to vote for their friends than another random persons entry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure