IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

TPS Ticket (wrong Registration)

I recieved a parking ticket today in livingston, scotland for parking in a private retail park because i left the area for 10 minutes.
i parked up and went round the corner to another shop outside the parking area then returned to the parking area to purchase lunch from the local shop.

i explained to the guy who issued the ticket that i only left to show a friend where something was and that i was buying lunch from the local shop.

he said it doesnt matter if i park there im not allowed to leave the retail park.

do i have a case as i have a receipt for the shop inside the park proving i purchased something there and i was only parked for 35 mins max whereas its a 2 hour stay!

also ive noticed he has written the wrong registration on my ticket as he has mixed up the last two letters!

i have emailed tps the proof that i purchased something there and told them that the registration is wrong, obviously ive not told them what the registartion should be!

Comments

• As you're in Scotland you have the luxury of being able to ignore the scammers.

What actually happened is totally irrelevant, ignore the ticket and all of the junk mail you will receive.

If you're still worried search any Scotland thread on here.

Now sit back, relax, ignore, ignore, and ignore some more.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797).
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    The problem is that if you've admitted being the driver, you've just saved them money by not going to the dvla, and in theory they have what they want and that is the driver details, they could issue a claim now that they know who was driving.

I'm not saying it going to happen but why do something then come seeking advice ?
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Did you forget to read the sticky threads first? Scotland is covered in 'Private Parking ticket, old or new? Newbies read these FAQs first!'
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Any advice on what to do next then? Is it still safe to ignore?
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Ignore them for now, keep letters etc filed, if you receive a letter before claim then come back here, if you receive anything about keeper liability or pofa 2012 also come back here.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Another point of view. What evidence can they produce to show you left the retail park? The 2 words are PROVE IT. It would need a continuous video of you entering, parking and walking off site. Not a chance in hell.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 1 February 2014 at 10:59PM
    rwilsons6 wrote: »
    Any advice on what to do next then? Is it still safe to ignore?

What did you think when you read the 'Scotland' section in the sticky thread I mentioned right above this post? Surely a sticky thread of FAQs which includes a clear link to a Watchdog clip, is enough advice for Scotland cases?

If not then search the forum for the keyword 'Scotland' and you will know why we really don't need to go over this advice again. Covered day in, day out and there is no need seeing as the stickies answer it already. Please search & read other Scotland threads if you would like to read even more versions of the same old advice...we do understand you are unsure but it's already here ad infinitum, for the sake of a keyword search, and the sticky thread had already been referenced for you too.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Just went onto TPS website and went through the payment process to check the registration, he has put the wrong registration onto his system asswell so i guess im 100% safe to ignore it, just shows how stupid these ppl actually are. im aslo pretty sure the guy who gave me the ticket was drunk or something as when i was arguing about it he was slurring his words.
  • Hot_Bring
    Hot_Bring Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    rwilsons6 wrote: »
    Just went onto TPS website and went through the payment process to check the registration, he has put the wrong registration onto his system asswell so i guess im 100% safe to ignore it, just shows how stupid these ppl actually are. im aslo pretty sure the guy who gave me the ticket was drunk or something as when i was arguing about it he was slurring his words.

To be fair to him, if I was going to do that job I'd need a stiff dram each morning before starting !
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure