How long? getting (even more ) desperate!

Options

Comments

• Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 1 February 2014 at 11:07AM
    Options
    Spring 2012 started claim for ESA
    Aug 2012 WCA assesment carried out
    Spring 2013 Contributions based ESA ceases due to 365 day rule
    Spring 2013 Decision maker awards 0 points, reconsideration requested
    Autumn 2013 reconsideration doesn't change result, Tribunal requested
    Jan 2014 Tribunal awards 18 points WRAG group. Currently waiting a minimum £1000 due in back pay (the dufference between assesment rate and WRAG)

Currently waiting for full details of Tribunal in order to take case to Upper Tribunal as decision does not appear to take into account that just because I manage my life so I rarely suffer, this does mean my life can be very limited. I have details of a similar case where the Upper Tribunal have overturned the First Tribunal.

If I do get moved to Support Group, I coukd be due in excess of £10,000...
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And I thought I waited a while:
    July 2012 - Made ESA Claim. 10 days later, received ESA50
    End of November 2012 - Recevied letter telling me Support Group.

Seems that compared to many, mine was quick.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The IB transfers must be done first, at ATOS - I only waited 3 weeks, from sending the form to the letter arriving, putting me straight into SG.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • help4help2013
    Options
    i know a few People who put the from in on October still awaiting a decision depends on the area and back log i guess
  • sniggings
    sniggings Posts: 5,281 Forumite
    Options
    Morglin wrote: »
    I know PIP is taking months, but I didn't realise ESA claims were taking that long! :eek:

It's actually a bit stupid where the thoughts are for the government to save money - they are paying out these weekly amounts for people, over these long periods of time, some of whom might be found fit for work.

Lin :)

you still need a doctor to agree you can not work as you have to carry on sending sick notes in and the rate is the same as JSA anyway, so if the claimant is trying it on they are unlikely to look for work on JSA anyway so it can't really be costing the government more in that respect...sorting out the whole system and the appeals etc is a different matter tho, that is costing the tax payer a fortune.
  • ispookie666
    ispookie666 Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    £71 is a good amount of money.. mate you need some lessons on changing your habits. As a tax payer £71 is way too much.
    “Don't raise your voice, improve your argument." - Desmond Tutu

System 1 - 14 x 250W SunModule SW + Enphase ME215 microinverters (July 2015)
    System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump
  • sniggings
    sniggings Posts: 5,281 Forumite
    Options
    £71 is a good amount of money.. mate you need some lessons on changing your habits. As a tax payer £71 is way too much.

someone on ESA will have more expenses than the average JSA claimant, more heating and electric.

How much do you spend on gas and electrc in the winter? and remember ESA is not meant to be the same as JSA as in the min you can live on, it's meant to give the claimant a decent standard of living as they are unable to work to provide it for themselves, so sorry £71 is not a lot.
  • Anny_2
    Anny_2 Posts: 148 Forumite
    Options

You mate need some lessons in reality. If you think £71 a week is a good amount of money then please share with us how you would manage on that amount?

Remembering you need to pay , food, toiletries, utilities, gas, electric water rates, TV Licence, insurances, telephone bills or costs, bus fares, stamps, clothing and any emergency repairs for washing machine, fridge etc. Not to mention birthday cards/presents. Social events would surely be out, but this is many's reality £71 per week!

I wait with eagerness for your reply and your budget planning for an adult to live on that amount for 7 days,because I am also a tax payer and I think it is a disgustingly low amount to expect anyone to live on.Never mind someone with health issues that may incur extra financial output!
    Disabled people have become easy scapegoats in this age of austerity.

'Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are'. (Benjamin Franklin)
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I do love these wind up merchants that say they think it's a life of Riley on benefits...:doh:.

I'd like to see them try to live on £71 for more than a week or so.

Duncan Smith reckoned he could, yet when challenged, by petition, to do it, he suddenly found reasons not to, which is what was expected of that !!!!!!, I suppose...:whistle:

Lin :(
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    £71 for a week or two is doeable, but then you've got repairs and replacements for domestic appliances and furnishings, travel costs, fuel, clothing etc.
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure