PPI - where to start

Options
I have checked my credit report and bank statements and had loans with Cahoot and HFC Bank. Also credit cards with Amex, and MBNA. I believe I was mis-sold ppi as my employers benefit package covers me for sickness and unemployment. I don't have any of the original loan agreements or credit card statements.

Is it worth trying to make a claim and any advice on which company to start with?

Thanks
Michelle

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Michelle, you don't make a claim, you make a complaint.

Unfortunately your reason is a weak one for a complaint of miss selling, you knew all this re your employment, to be honest; when you signed up for it agreeing to the terms and conditions.

You can try but don't hold your breath.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 31 January 2014 at 10:40AM
    Options
    I believe I was mis-sold ppi as my employers benefit package covers me for sickness and unemployment.
    Typically six months full pay and then six months half pay might lead the Bank to conclude you did not need credit card and loan insurance against sickness. Anything less than this and your complaint is very weak…

However, I don't think any employer covers you for unemployment (since redundancy pay is not guaranteed) and so you'd also need to be in a very safe job.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure