Tri-walker recommendations

Options
Hi, we need to get a walker for my MIL for going out and about on the bus and ring and ride service and to use indoors to carry drinks/plates from the kitchen to the dinner table etc.

I've had a bit of a look online but could really do with some recommendations as there seem to be so many!

We're thinking a tri-walker as these fold up for easy storage and I've seen some with bags and baskets on the front. The bag would be really useful but I'm not sure if you'd keep bashing it with your legs when you walk.

Hopefully this is the right board to post on! Thank you x
"I've fallen down a hole" - said in best Monty Python voice-over.

Comments

• HOWMUCH
    HOWMUCH Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you asked OT to assess your MIL needs, she may need a wheeled Zimmer frame for use in the house. And a Triwalker for outside use.
    Why pay full price when you may get it YS ;)
  • Alleycat
    Alleycat Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, the OT has carried out an assessment and they are providing 2 standard zimmer frames for use in the house (one upstairs and one downstairs) but we have been told that anything more fancy i.e. with a tray or basket/bag would need to be purchased. Not sure if the ones for the house will have wheels but the one she has already been given that she's using in the nursing home whilst waiting for discharge doesn't and is just bog standard.

She has asked us to look for a tri-walker for her but it's difficult as we don't live close by so can't easily take her out to a mobility shop to try them. It's all a bit complicated at the moment with all the other stuff we're trying to sort out!
    "I've fallen down a hole" - said in best Monty Python voice-over.
  • fed_up_and_stressed
    Options
    Hello suggest you contact your local red cross branch to arrange for a short term loan of one before you commit to buying something which may or may not suit her.
    Spelling courtesy of the whims of auto correct...

Pet Peeves.... queues, vain people and hypocrites ..not necessarily in that order.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure