Best marketing the north west/lancs??

Hi,
We want to go to a market at the weekend and not sure which one to go to, any advice?
Years ago we went to Bury and also Great hommer street (something like that)? On a saturday in Liverpool plus even longer ago to one on the docks I think on a Sunday.

Just really looking for a mooch and perhaps picking up a few bargains like trainers or hoodies for the teenagers....

Thanks x:beer:

Comments

• Bury is still good! Get some black pudding while you're there. It's good for a mooch because it's big. Preston market is ok as well, there's nowhere near as much as there is at Bury but it's all indoors or under cover and it's open every day and has some lovely food stalls.
  • MrSmartprice
    MrSmartprice Posts: 17,625 Forumite
    There is a big market at Fleetwood, at the end of the tramline from Blackpool. Lots of local produce around the edges, and all sorts of other stuff elsewhere. Most of it is covered too.

I have been told that Accrington market is worth a look too, but not been yet.
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    You've done Bury why not try Bolton Market,not as big but they have an indoor that has just been revamped right next door to a fruit & meat market. If you do give this a go you must try Olympia for chips they are gorgeous.You can always nip down to Bury if you have time.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Great Homer Street market is still really good :) I went not so long ago :)
  • Battybird
    Battybird Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 30 January 2014 at 12:40AM
    There is a big market at Fleetwood, at the end of the tramline from Blackpool. Lots of local produce around the edges, and all sorts of other stuff elsewhere. Most of it is covered too.

I have been told that Accrington market is worth a look too, but not been yet.

We like Fleetwood Market, and enjoy a browse down the high street.

If you went there, you could afterwards visit the Freeport Shopping Outlet. Its not far from the promenade. (I've never counted how many shops are there, but the website states over 45.)

Don't forget, most town markets are only on Saturdays and not Sundays,
  • Another vote here for Bury - I go to the meat market regularly. Last summer I went to Accy Market and was quite surprised at how good it actually was. Worth a trip - not as big as Bury but for me, not as far either.
  • pukkamum
    pukkamum Posts: 3,942 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    suejb2 wrote: »
    You've done Bury why not try Bolton Market,not as big but they have an indoor that has just been revamped right next door to a fruit & meat market. If you do give this a go you must try Olympia for chips they are gorgeous.You can always nip down to Bury if you have time.

I usec to work at olympia chips in the cafe when it was still tiny!
    we would have to lock the door as they queued up to get in!
    I don't get nearly enough credit for not being a violent psychopath.
  • Stephb1986 wrote: »
    Great Homer Street market is still really good :) I went not so long ago :)

Where is that?
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Where is that?

Great Homer Street in Liverpool
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income