If I Already Have A Halifax Credit Card, Can I Also Apply For A Halifax Clarity?

Options
Getting mixed reports regarding this question, was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it.
Currently have a halifax mastercard, was told by halifax i can't have a the halifax clarity as well as my current card!
Is this the case?

Comments

• reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Options
    Getting mixed reports regarding this question, was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it.
    Currently have a halifax mastercard, was told by halifax i can't have a the halifax clarity as well as my current card!
    Is this the case?

I don't think your allowed more than one but I think you can upgrade to the Clarity.
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't think your allowed more than one but I think you can upgrade to the Clarity.
    Upgrading was how I got mine.
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • Attackthebanks
    Options
    Milarky wrote: »
    Upgrading was how I got mine.
    Was that on-line as a new clarity application, or over the phone with the express intent of upgrading to it?
    Cause on the phone they told me point blank no.
  • bargainbetty
    Options
    Did they tell you that you couldn't have it a second card, or that you couldn't upgrade? Did you ask them to upgrade? If they refused you a second card, it may be to do with affordability. If they refused to upgrade you, then it may be that they don't want to give you the Clarity deal for some reason. They don't have to offer it at all.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps....
    LB moment - March 2006. DFD - 1 June 2012!!! DEBT FREE!

May grocery challenge £45.61/£120
  • gerryg1888
    Options
    i phoned last night after completing online application only to be told because i already have a mastercard with Halifax (with a very VERY small balance) that i COULDNT have the clarity card , asked if i could upgrade /transfer was still told NO, only way of getting it was to cancel my existing card BUT it would be a further 6 MONTHS before they would issue the clarity card (no use as i travel soon) so would be really interested to find out how previous guy upgraded his
  • CherlokHomes
    Options
    gerryg1888 wrote: »
    i phoned last night after completing online application only to be told because i already have a mastercard with Halifax (with a very VERY small balance) that i COULDNT have the clarity card , asked if i could upgrade /transfer was still told NO, only way of getting it was to cancel my existing card BUT it would be a further 6 MONTHS before they would issue the clarity card (no use as i travel soon) so would be really interested to find out how previous guy upgraded his

What's the reality in cost wise using another card when abroad.
    "You know when it's cold outside when you go outside and it's cold"
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    gerryg1888 wrote: »

Well if they have rejected you, it will be 6 months before you can apply again.

If you had cancelled the existing card before applying, you might have gotten it.
  • reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Options
    I think you might have been lied to to be honest and I'd try calling again. If they are the same as Lloyds (Which I'd assume they are), they will usually allow you to change card type but you will have to keep the same interest rate if the new card is lower.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I upgraded myn from onecard to clairty
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • gerryg1888
    Options
    I think you might have been lied to to be honest and I'd try calling again. If they are the same as Lloyds (Which I'd assume they are), they will usually allow you to change card type but you will have to keep the same interest rate if the new card is lower.[/Q

Cheers will follow up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport