Auto Service Plan with Dealer - can I claim it back?

We bought a second hand car from a dealer nearly 3 years ago and (foolishly, in hindsight) we took out a plan to cover the cost of annual services for 3 years.

The 3 years is almost up but now I've looked into the plan, it seems that we have paid in a total of £490 to the plan and yet only benefited from one annual service through the plan which was worth £86. The cost of a previous service wasn't paid via the plan due to an oversight by both us and the dealer. Am I within my rights to say that even if 3 services were paid for by the plan during it's life, a total of £86 x 3 = £258, we were always going to over pay into the plan. Have we been mis-sold or are we just daft and should put the whole thing down to 'experience'.

I've written to the dealers and explained in detail what I've found, but I suppose I'm hoping that someone here will tell me that it is worthwhile pursuing this matter. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    The cost of a previous service wasn't paid via the plan due to an oversight by both us and the dealer.
    You may get a part refund of your premium if the dealer admits liability for this, but you can't complain about the rest of the Plan simply because it was expensive. Was it supposed to save money over simply paying for an annual service? Was there not also some kind of insurance as well?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure