London 2 for 1 vouchers

Options
I am sure this question has been asked a thousand times already. But I am off to London next weekend and was hoping to take advantage of the 2 for 1 zoo vouchers. But I am travelling down on the coach so will need train tickets to use the vouchers.
Am I able to buy any old train ticket in London and use that? If so what is the cheapest?
Any advice is appreciated

Comments

• susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    If you are planning to use a daily travel card to get around whilst in London, if you buy it from a train ticket office instead of the underground ticket office it will have the British Rail logo on it as well as London Transport one so will be eligible with the vouchers for the 2for 1. If the coach is coming to Victoria coach station, use the Victoria train station ticket office to buy the travel card.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 26 January 2014 at 9:14PM
    Options
    OP, you are right, that question has been asked before, many times on this thread:

If you don't want or need a travelcard, then get a Vauxhall to London Waterloo Anytime Single at £2.70.
    There are several similar tickets at the same price, like Waterloo East to Charing Cross or London Blackfriars to City Thameslink.

Buy it when you like from any National Rail ticket office.
  • i3lade4life
    Options
    Thats great advice. Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills