We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Travelling
efowler
Posts: 1 Newbie
in Credit cards
Can someone help me, I am going travelling and would like peoples opinions regarding getting a credit card. I have savings for my trip in my bank account, am I best to use my visa debit card for all my spending and get a credit card for emergency use, or have a credit card and use it for all my spending and set up a direct debit for monthly payments whilst I'm away.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Thanks for your help in advance.
0
Comments
-
am I best to use my visa debit card for all my spending and get a credit card for emergency use
I would personally ignore where it's called debit or credit and go for one that charges the least, preferably 0%.
Will you have safe and cheap internet access where you are going?0 -
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards