Clarity Card

Options
Hi,

Just got this card so yet to receive a statement, but was wondering does anyone know if I wanted to send a faster payment to the card which sort code and account number to use? I'm guessing in the reference fields I'd just put my card number.

Thanks

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you crazy? You're asking a bunch of strangers on the internet for a sort code and account number! That's just asking for trouble.

Assuming you're not crazy, you do realise that pre-loading the card (due to insufficient credit limit), ie creating a positive balance, is a breach of your T&Cs?
  • baby_frogmella
    Options
    As requested these are my bank details, please pay ASAP:

Sort code: 80-20-45
    Account no: 00213765
    Ref: <your 16 digit credit card no>

Just kidding :p
    http://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/help-guidance/existing-customers/
    (click 'making payments' tab)
  • rickypatel89
    rickypatel89 Posts: 55 Forumite
    edited 26 January 2014 at 5:59PM
    Options
    I was being serious. I thought that the sort code and account number would be the same for all, but what differentiated everyones card was the the card number.

I'm not looking to pre-load the card. My idea was that once I'd withdrawn some cash, using the HSBC app on my phone I could send a FP to the account.
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was being serious. I thought that the sort code and account number would be the same for all, but what differentiated everyones card was the the card number.

Yes, the account number and sort code for payments to the Halifax Clarity card will be the same for everyone.

What you missed is that you're asking strangers for this information. Anybody could have made up a sort code and account number, or worse, given you the details of their own personal bank account with Lloyds, Santander, or HSBC etc. That's why you might be crazy!
  • reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Options
    As requested these are my bank details, please pay ASAP:

Sort code: 80-20-45
    Account no: 00213765
    Ref: <your 16 digit credit card no>

Just kidding :p
    http://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/help-guidance/existing-customers/
    (click 'making payments' tab)

What you meant is your bank details but the reference with the card number, expiry date and security code :P
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    Herbalus wrote: »
    Yes, the account number and sort code for payments to the Halifax Clarity card will be the same for everyone.

In fact, for the Clarity card, there are two different accounts numbers and sort codes (the correct one for each person depends on the first few digits of their card).
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Herbalus wrote: »
    ...worse, given you the details of their own personal bank account with Lloyds, Santander, or HSBC etc.
    My BoS Vantage account sort code numbers all start with '80'.

Now, OP, what if I'd been the only respondent to the thread (possible if it was made late in the evening) and nobody corrected me when I put in my BoS current account details (which, by the way, totally ignore any reference field info). You may have done a quick internet search and seen they were BoS and thought everything was OK?

And that's why I questioned the wisdom of your request in the first reply above.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    And that's why I questioned the wisdom of your request in the first reply above.

And why my reply just contained a link to the Halifax site!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure