PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

anybody got a JML Go Chef?

terra_ferma
terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
edited 25 January 2014 at 2:15PM in Old style MoneySaving
If so what do you think of it? Is it any good?
It looks exactly like the new style Murphy Richards Intellichef plus a timer, which makes it much much better for me, but I'd like to hear feedback from someone who's got one. :)

http://www.jmldirect.com/uk/cooking+baking/gochef/invt/g0bgs20100000001

gochef2_l.jpg

Comments

• Lilyplonk
    Lilyplonk Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    Just been reading through the reviews on it - most are good but there's a couple of comments about it not doing Jacket Spuds properly - apparently they come out more like 'steamed' (that sounds like microwaved to me).

I find it strange that IF it's capable of doing a Roast Chicken - why the heck can't it 'do' a proper Jacket Potato :undecided:.

Personally speaking, it's not something that I'd go for. I've already got a full-size oven, Microwave, Halogen Oven, Actifry, Slow Cooker, Pressure Cooker and a George Foreman Grill/Griddle - so I could hardly justify any further expense on another 'gadget'.

On the other hand, IF I didn't have all those I just MIGHT be tempted .............. :).
  • Hiya I got one for Christmas and have used it twice now and it worked perfectly. I am just looking for some more recipes to try out.
  • I was brought one of these horrid items for a birthday prezzie from my missus after i'd driven her daft after seeing one on the telly! I do all the cooking in our house and love doing it. After using it several times now I've come to the conclusion it is a rubbish product. Ok, it will cook stews and stir fries etc but don't EVER try to cook a roast! It sets your smoke alarms off all the while. Why? Basically it is a pants design. If I cook a joint on the rack plate supplied and foil wrap your joint after seasoning etc, when at cooking temperature it takes ONE drop of melted fat to drip onto the bottom of the cooking dish and the kitchen resembles a WW1 smoky battlefield! Jeez this product is baaad! DON'T BUY even if hubby pesters you! And to think i was ready to throw my Halogen out! What was i thinking????......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.