PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old style daily Saturday 25 th january

Options
2»

Comments

• HoneyB17
    HoneyB17 Posts: 96 Forumite
    edited 25 January 2014 at 12:28PM
    Options
    Morning all

Have been and done food shop but left the heavy things in car for DS to take in when he returns from work soon :)
    Was back to doc yesterday and he discovered I have bursitis in both hips. Little wonder I have been struggling with stairs. Have started an intensive 10 day course of steroids which will hopefully help all my joints as well as the bursitis. Back to see him after that. If this doesn't work he will inject into both hips! At least I feel better knowing this is not how it has to be forever and hopefully back to work and doing normal things soon. Only got 3 hours sleep last night because of the pain. Must look bad as I met my neighbour at the shop and the first thing he asked was if I was ok....lol he has very kindly taken DD out with him and his daughter for a while :)
    Am away to read yesterday's and today's threads so well wishes to anyone who wants/ needs them x
  • fiftyeighter_2
    Options
    Really horrible weather here and tomorrow as Essex girl says is supposed to be yuk. Good luck for Monday by the way.
    Part time OH and I are going to see Sensational 60,s at Southend tomorrow. A Xmas present from DD And DS. So really looking forward to that but NOT the weather. Not too bad though it's only half hour or so from us.
    HoneyB17 that's sounds dreadfully painful, hope it all works and your feeling better soon. I no the pain of arthritis, have it in my hips, knees and wrists. So goodness knows what you are feeling.
    I must start doing something about writing down and being more careful with money. I lose my DD,s FA and TC this year. So will just have my pension and pension credit for the 2 of us to live on. Thank goodness I have no debt otherwise I would really panic. Oh well I,m quite sure most of us are struggling nowadays. And plenty of people with youngsters to care for worse off.
    Well I have quiches to make and ironing to do so catch you all later. Good wishes to everyone out there.
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone :)

Wonderful sleep last night so it's got to be related to work. I love my new job but think I just have so much to do at the moment, it's all going around in my head and stops me from sleeping well.

Weather was terrible last night. Had to nip into dreaded T shop on the way home but their car park was flooded and ready to start washing into the shop. Customers had no option but to paddle through several inches of water to get in and it was worse coming out with the undercover trolley store under water. All the staff were completely ignoring the issue and the manager pretended he did not know!

Sun is shining at the moment but not sure how long it will last and am keeping a careful eye on washing which is currently blowing nicely on the lines.

Mince filled Tacos for dinner, all Discovery Mexican products half price in M shop and YS mince from the freezer. Just need to make some salsa and add a blob of yoghurt and we are sorted.

Essex-girl - great news about the job and good luck for Monday.

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for anyone who needs or just wants them. Keep well, warm and safe and have a super day :)
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • mrsmortenharket
    Options
    Hello all,

Sorry not been on for a bit. Got my head full of my youngests problems. If you've got me on fb, then you'll know. I feel quite blue about it all.

I'm being OS though, and being good with my food budget.

Been to Aldi this morning. It's chaotic there now. It's so popular. Noticed some price rises & stuff out of stock quite frequently now. Last time they had no bleach. This time they had no pasatta. The tortilla crisps have doubled in price. But a box of Belgian petit fours was only 49p so all is not lost!

Hope everyone is ok, not been keeping .up with the thread, not even reading it. Sorry.

Love (((hugs))) & spoons xxx
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all,

Stayed with DD1 in Cork last night, made required visit to English Market thismorning for smoked salmon and mackerel, treats in storewhen I go home! The best fish selection I have ever seen, wish I didnt have to travel over 200k to get there.

Staying with DS1 and DGD 2 tonight.....unfortunately will not see DDIL as she has gone to Japan this morning to see her father who is gravely ill, she has 2 layovers and will not get to Kumamoto, until tomorrow evening...long sad journey on her own.

Has been a nice day although temperature down to 6c, have parked my arris and will only move for food!

Stay safe andwell everybody, enjoy rest of weekend

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills