MSE SKY 50% off BroadBand code not working.

Hi

Have just got hold of the offer code to get the 50% off Sky BroadBand from MSE link. Clicked through to the offer page added the code where requested and it is informing me "We do not recognise the offer associated with the code you've entered. Please check that you have entered the offer code correctly." I have copied and pasted it over and written it in myself but neither is recognised. Could there be an error in the code supplied? Perhaps one of the numbers should be a letter or vice versa?

So irritated as I was waiting to switch then found this MSE blagged deal via the MSE weekly email waited till 1pm today for a code and now I am getting knowhere :(

Hope someone can help me sort this out by end of the day. Thanks.
Failure is only someone elses judgement.
Without change there would be no butterflies.
If its important to you, you'll find a way - if not, you'll find an excuse ! ~ Easy to say when you take money out of the equation!

Comments

• Just wanted to point out there are several people now having this issue as reported on the BroadBand board. :)
    If its important to you, you'll find a way - if not, you'll find an excuse ! ~ Easy to say when you take money out of the equation!
  • I'm having the same problem - on the phone to Sky now and they don't seem to know what I'm on about??
    :T DEBT FREE AS OF APRIL 2013! :T
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul"
  • meher
    meher Posts: 15,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    The same thing happened with Ralph Lauren blagged code which was NEVER accepted. It was an utter waste of time surfing and putting things into the basket. Thankfully House of Fraser and Selfridges ran sales around the same time, so didn't miss out a lot. Yet, you really get annoyed and very very angry. The person who is doing the blagging need to be ensure that codes will be honored before it goes live. Blagging is not enough, you need to be liaise witht he retailer/company, make sure the code is working, that it would be honored. But somehow, the after service is almost ALWAYS fogotten. P-Poor show. The problem with inconveniencing people is that soon the site would earn the reputation of scamming and cheap propaganda.
  • meher
    meher Posts: 15,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Likewise do not trust SKY implicitly. Make sure you see their first bill within 14 days to make sure your offers are in place because after that they would not address any concerns for you, they would just handwave it off and say that the time is up. It is one of their popular tricks.
  • So much for beleiving in better as I was informed earlier :

Sky's press office says traffic has been so enormous that it has crashed its site. They are currently working on it to get it back in action.

You can get a reminder of your code here to try again later :
    www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband#sky13

On the price for new line installation, Sky's press office originally told us it was £15 by mistake, but have now amended this to £20.

• Have just refered back to the offer which has been updated as codes all gone but at the bottom of the information it points out "We have 3,000 codes available, but only 2,000 can redeem." Can anyone explain what this means? Thanks :)
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    It means they will only honour 2000 codes.

Presumably first come first served
  • MSE_Jenny
    MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Another update from Sky: they struggled with high traffic earlier, but apparently everything is back in working order now.

You can get a reminder of your code here to try again
    : www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband#sky13
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family