We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
credit card refunds
FOREVER21
Posts: 1,729 Forumite
in Credit cards
Bought some clothes using M & S credit card (MasterCard) items had to be returned but I mistakenly used a different credit card although it was also a MasterCard.
The refund seems to have gone through and I got the usual refund receipt, but I thought refunds had to be made on the original card
Any one done similar to this and was it ok?
I can check on line in a few days but just thought I would ask here.
The refund seems to have gone through and I got the usual refund receipt, but I thought refunds had to be made on the original card
Any one done similar to this and was it ok?
I can check on line in a few days but just thought I would ask here.
0
Comments
-
The retailers merchant agreement states that refunds should be made on the original card as it is a way of preventing fraud and money laundering. There is no law regards this and a major retailer is really free to do what they want. The only real problem would be if it was a large refund onto a card that you do not use.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
