We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Be bonus offers from LLoyds
lyndylou57
Posts: 1 Newbie
in Credit cards
I got a duo credit card from LLoyds with the promise of 15000 bonus miles if I spent £500 in each of the first 3 periods. I not surprisingly took this to be my first 3 statemenst.
However despite spending far more in the 1st 3 months I did not receive the bonus miles and was informed by LLoyds that the qualifying periods were not statements but 40, 30 and 30 days from opening the account. I find this at best ingenuous and at worst fraudulent.
When I complained to Avios as suggested by LLoyds they then said I wasn't entitled to the bonus as I had previously held a card which I cancelled several years ago.
So beware if opening a card to get a bonus from LLoyds
However despite spending far more in the 1st 3 months I did not receive the bonus miles and was informed by LLoyds that the qualifying periods were not statements but 40, 30 and 30 days from opening the account. I find this at best ingenuous and at worst fraudulent.
When I complained to Avios as suggested by LLoyds they then said I wasn't entitled to the bonus as I had previously held a card which I cancelled several years ago.
So beware if opening a card to get a bonus from LLoyds
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards