Excel Parking Fine

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaiming Mortgage Fees, Council Tax, etc
2 replies 892 views
jenny1983_2jenny1983_2 Forumite
2 Posts
I have been issued a parking charge notice from Excel Parking , I parked at the Stockport - Peel Centre.

I genuinely didnt realise that I needed to pay for a ticket as I have never been to a retail site where you had to pay !

I met a lady in Frankie and Bennys for a job interview and then got back to my car and decided as I was there already, I would have a wonder round the shops.

It wasn't until I was heading back to my car that I spotted the sign mentioning I had to pay. At that point I couldn't pay for a ticket as I was leaving! What do you do I you genuinely didnt realise, I would have been happy to pay the £2 fee... but now they are asking for £60 or £100 if not paid within 14days!

Do I 1) ignore all letters or 2) appeal and then when they reject my appeal, refer it to POPLA - there seems to be conflicting advice on here.

Thanks guys

Replies

• edited 18 January 2014 at 1:30PM
    BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 January 2014 at 1:30PM
    read the information on this part of the forum, theres a sticky for newbies to read with all the steps and links to templates

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

and start a new thread if need be

the basic reply is its not a "fine"

you will fail the initial "appeal" , go to POPLA and then win on GPEOL (genuine Pre Estimate of Loss) signage , authority to raise charges etc
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
  • If the word ''fine'' is mentioned then send it back and ignore it. Otherwise as above.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals