Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,644 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have no list. :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh beanie, how can you cope without a list :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I mean, it doesn't have to get **done** :D as I've wittered on about before, its just that with a list, I can see my choices :D

Right now, I've scarfed down some snacky cheese, I'm off out into the garden to start the faffing about behind the rhubarb :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,644 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a list of how my mortgage comes down each month. Does that count :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Have a list of how my mortgage comes down each month. Does that count :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Aww beanie all lists count!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I love a good list! :)

How's the rhubarb KC? I'm sure mine is growing visibly (although it does have triffid-like tendencies!).

Happy Monday!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Options
    Sorry for the delay in reply - the rhubarb is growing beautifully, madvix, though the 2nd plant has still barely peeped its head out of the ground - its had a few accidents happen to it, but I've pampered it the same as the original this year, and I won't take the crop from that 2nd one to help it rev its batteries up, so we shall see.

I disconnected my router over the last few days so it didn't get covered in cluster flies :( I had an infestation two years ago, now I've got another one, but at least I know what's going on this time :( sprayed killer on the porch area, which is where they fall, and put a UV light outside where they come from (the loft hatch) - not yet checked how thats doing, but we'll see.

I've been slogging away at the garden still - huge great plant that does nothing, sitting behind the rhubarb, has been chopped down. I'll let it grow up again somewhat, because the bees like it, but it had grown very lopsided and I couldn't prune underneath it. Some sedge had grown up, so that has to go, but hasn't gone yet. This really is a catchup of epic proprtions :o:o:o

However, I'm having to pay attention to other parts of my life too :D writing return letters, sorting out plans for the rest of this year, that sort of thing. The plans are written on A4, and subdivided like this:
    FINANCES: 22 items:eek:
    GARDEN: 19 items :eek:
    HOUSE: 12 items (then quotes for building work :eek::eek::eek:)
    PEOPLE: 12 things-I-can-do

WRITING OPTIONS: 11 options

Good heavens :o

Still - there's also going to be a focus on being out and about more :j
    Save
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    That's a plan and a half, Kc! xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    What Greent said! You're going to be VERY busy this year! :D
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Options
    Mad, isn't it :rotfl: some of the things are tiny - I've done three from the "people" list today:
    - wrapped and posted off my brother's birthday present
    - altered the old work website to say that my colleague is also retiring and he won't be taking any new clients (he couldn't alter a website page, even a wizzywig one, to save his life :D)
    - friend I wrote to last week has emailed, so I've emailed her back :j we'll meet up in May. Thats a relief!

But some things are huge: clean every window in the house :rotfl:scrub the floors :rotfl: scan all my mother's photos from the 1960s onwards :rotfl:

Today, though, I'm now doing what I did when she was ill: being the online researcher for my brother and sister, stuck with no easy internet access, and needing it for coping with the Liverpool Lime Street track problems. Its good to be able to do something positive for them.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »

But some things are huge: clean every window in the house :rotfl:scrub the floors :rotfl:
    Have you really only got these down as two items? These are multiple-ticking-off endorphin opportunities surely :D?
    Save
    Save
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure