We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Balance Transfer to Halifax

Hi, it's been a while since I last posted.

Does anyone know if Halifax One card will accept a Balance Transfer from American Express Everyday Platinum card.

The Halifax have given me a great offer of only 1% fee for up to fifteen months to transfer a balance. Never had such a low percentage offer from them in the past. Usually it's 3%.

Here's hoping. Many thanks in advance.

Comments

  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    While waiting for replies search the board for 'halifax amex transfer'
  • cockmad
    cockmad Posts: 45 Forumite
    I have grumbler many times today but it's very confusing and not all straight forward for me as I'm not very IT orientated.
  • dvs
    dvs Posts: 826
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 20 January 2014 at 12:02AM
    Hi Cockmad

    Yes you can balance transfer from American Express cards.

    We've also been offered the same 0% deal but I only found out by calling them. We usually get a letter but have not received one yet. Did you get a letter from them? If so, did it contain a generic reference number for the deal?

    Thanks.
  • dotdash79
    dotdash79 Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    I've had the letter, as well as that I've had the offer pop up when I logged into online banking as well.
  • dvs
    dvs Posts: 826
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dotdash79 wrote: »
    I've had the letter, as well as that I've had the offer pop up when I logged into online banking as well.

    Thanks for your response.

    Did you receive the letter recently? I hadn't received the letter as of Saturday and I'm away with work for a few weeks now. The deal I was told about started on 2/1/14 for 0% for 15 months with a 1% fee (but they didn't tell me the expiry date when I called - it's usually a six week period). I'm keen to do this online but if you don't enter the code or you enter a code that's not valid for your account you pay the full transfer and interest (which I think is a little unfair if Halifax has put the offer on a person's account).
  • dotdash79
    dotdash79 Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    It's only until the 31st January, you should be able to do the offer over the phone which doesn't take that long.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.