CO-OP Bank Letter Not Acting in accordance with Credit Act (compensation?)

Options

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options

So another Co-Op Bank IT failure basically.

Interesting how they blame one 'computer programmer' who got his 'sums wrong'. Now be honest, Mr Co-Op, you just didn't test this bit properly, now did you? :)
  • monkeyclown
    Options
    has anyone heard anything yet? they sent the letter to me December last year, which said they would be in touch soon and yet almost July and still nothing. has anyone else heard anything?
  • ingleg
    ingleg Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Remediation to begin in about a month.
  • Gusboll
    Gusboll Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    ingleg wrote: »
    Remediation to begin in about a month.
    I sent a letter of complaint re the delay in hearing anything, and got a reply last week stating that they still did not know when anything will be settled.
  • monkeyclown
    Options
    its now been 9 months since they contacted me, and not a peep since!! and people wondered why this bank was going down the drain. terrible customer service, no wonder all their customers are leaving.

i couldnt care less what the outcome is, but its terrible customer service to say there is an issue with your account we will be in contact soon and then not say anything more for 9 months. worst is i called and got told, you will be contacted in due course.

helpful, its not like i gave you 9 months before i decided to contact you...
  • Kryzstofer
    Options
    Any update with this?
  • loopdaloop
    Options
    I spoke to them the other day & they are still deciding what to do. They've sent me apologetic letters in the interim. I would advise everyone to contact them to remind them.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    loopdaloop wrote: »
    I spoke to them the other day & they are still deciding what to do. They've sent me apologetic letters in the interim. I would advise everyone to contact them to remind them.

I'm sure they know that it's on their "to do list"

People writing letters asking whats happening will just add to their pile of "to do stuff"

Counterproductive.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,461 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    loopdaloop wrote: »

I doubt sending them more administration which will take up resources and time and delay this further is going to be a good idea.

The outcome will be agreed between them and the FCA and once that is done, the work will be carried out and the FCA informed of progress.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Gusboll
    Options
    The scandal here is that after telling people that they would be contacted "in due course" there has been nothing heard for 10 months! Everyone should be bombarding them with complaints otherwise they will never change.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure